VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this topic

Rodger Dodger

I appreciate this calculator for Veterans retro. It is fairly complicated to do retro..especially if you have dependents. Like yourself, I tried to figure my retro and never could get it to come out the same as the VA's numbers in 2009. I got it to either come out higher or lower, and eventually just gave up, because I knew VA fights Vets tooth and nail over every dime. The VA has no problems spending $100,000 worth of attorney fees to make sure a Veteran does not get an extra $1000. Most of the rest of the world does not work like that.

At any rate, you did Veterans a great service. We SHOULD be able to figure out our retro, just like we have a percentage calculator. I have learned, the hard way, not to trust VA. IMHO, the VA has rightfully earned their reputation of being untrustworthy.

Thank you Broncovet. I totally agree!!!

The VA issues out over 2 Billion (with a B) dollars in backpay every year. To see the month-by-month calculations the VA made, you have to request an audit. What do you think the error rate is on these payments? 5%, 10%, or even 20%? The answer is WE DON'T KNOW. Most disabled vets are just happy they got paid their lump sum so they never question the amount or get it audited.

I am trying to change that process to add more transparency. So I created VAdisabilitycalculator.com so veterans can determine their own backpay amounts easily. I requested surveys to find out ways to improve on the calculator. By the way, the survey is optional.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it a trap. he opened two post saying the same exact thing.

Please explain to me how you would determine a backpay amount that goes back 15 years, a marriage, a divorce, and the birth of 3 children without taking into account the changes in dependency?

Your disability payment is partially determined by your dependent status. Try to calculate retroactive pay, or even monthly disability payments, without accounting for dependents. You can't do it. That is why the website asks for dependent information.

I'm proud of my creation so I posted twice. Who cares? The moderators already corrected it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Caculating retro is a very simple task. All you need is MS Excel and the VA rate sheets. Birth dates and marriage dates.

I have been doing it for years.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

No there is not.

You just have to understand the codes the VA uses.

I can make one and put the format and make it a plug and play.\

Or if anyone needs to calculate that, send me a PM.

J

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use