VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Va Pain Medication Policy

Rate this topic

will a va doctor fill out an Oregon Marijuana form 'attending physician's statement' ? (My doctors at the last VA in California who cared for me were very good and had taken care of me), but the new doctors like at the new pain clinic I now go to in Oregon are going to screw me up badly on my pain problems. I don't want to take any Marijuana, but they are going to force me to look for additional pain relief when they cut my pain meds. ()starting March 2014 (they doctor said I am over the Oregon legal limit for morphine (I hope those scum get some rotten disease that makes them suffer, whoever makes up rules..). Will doctors at the VA fill out an Oregon Medical Marijuana Form, so I can submit it for some 'm" ?. Again, I really have no desire to take any more drugs, but the pain will kill me if they start pulling pain meds.. the pain clinic here is crazy if they think I can live with a dose I have lived with for 20 years. I can get many boxes checked for extremely painful diseases I suffer from, so that isn't the question, I just want to know if VA doctor will sign this Oregon pot form.. I have no desire to get stoned,, but I can't live in horrendous pain, as it is right now I am back to losing too much weight... Thanx

Edited by retiredat44

• HadIt.com Elder

Folks, You should find as many drugies as you can and thank them for their addiction. Their addiction has cost peoiple who need the Narcotic Meds to not be able to receive them. A class action Lawsuit is needed to stop this treatment. Of course in the midst of all this druggie bull crap is the mere fact that the DEA is treating Doctors like drug dealers and these docs are becoming reluctant to prescribe these meds. Again, its not the Docs fault. In case you have'nt noticed, This country has a Drug Problem that is out of control while the powers to be turn their backs and let it slide.

Drugs are evil, they cause sons and daughters to steal, maime, even Kill their own parents, They sell themselves just to get a fix. Their Kids go hungry because they take their food stamps and buy loads of soft drinks and sell them for for drug cash. http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Welfare-fraud-hotline-lights-up-after-WKYT-Pop-Train-investigation--246598221.html

Its out of control but it has a heck of a long way to go before it crashes.

Sorry for the rant, but if it wasnt for Druggies, I would have my health.

Basser

I have a dead brother from dugs.. I know.. I know lots of people who are either in bad shape, or are dead.. the dea is a bunch of nincompoops.. regardless.. I am being put into a position where I need pain control because of the dea b.s...

• HadIt.com Elder

My private pain doctor did not want to give me narcotics. He wanted to do "procedures"....big money. He was worse than the VA about drug tests. I got tested almost every time I saw him. I was seeing VA and him at the same time so that if VA cut me off I would have a doctor to fall back on fast. I know this is wrong by the book but I was CYA since I know what narcotic withdrawing is all about. Private doctor insisted on hydrocodone which turns me into a monster. VA gave me Percocet and morphine, methadone and finally Fentanyl patch. I live in Florida where they do have pill mills, so every legit pain doctor is scared to death of DEA. If I get a letter like the one above I am going to insist they withdraw me in-patient. I have to withdraw from clonazepam as well which is just as bad if not worse. The VA hates all drugs in valium family now. They handed this stuff out like candy a few years ago. It is medication for anxiety. What else is there?

John

will a va doctor fill out an Oregon Marijuana form 'attending physician's statement' ? (My doctors at the last VA in California who cared for me were very good and had taken care of me), but the new doctors like at the new pain clinic I now go to in Oregon are going to screw me up badly on my pain problems. I don't want to take any Marijuana, but they are going to force me to look for additional pain relief when they cut my pain meds. ()starting March 2014 (they doctor said I am over the Oregon legal limit for morphine (I hope those scum get some rotten disease that makes them suffer, whoever makes up rules..). Will doctors at the VA fill out an Oregon Medical Marijuana Form, so I can submit it for some 'm" ?. Again, I really have no desire to take any more drugs, but the pain will kill me if they start pulling pain meds.. the pain clinic here is crazy if they think I can live with a dose I have lived with for 20 years. I can get many boxes checked for extremely painful diseases I suffer from, so that isn't the question, I just want to know if VA doctor will sign this Oregon pot form.. I have no desire to get stoned,, but I can't live in horrendous pain, as it is right now I am back to losing too much weight... Thanx

My Oregon VA doc said NO. She is not opposed to me trying it but said do not smoke it since I already have some lung issues but she can not fill out the form for it. A private doc is about $200-$300 to get the form filled out BUT now that it is legal fro recreational use in Washington state just go across the border.

Edited by DickC

• HadIt.com Elder

You are going to have a dirty drug test at the VA is you use Marijuana. This may have consequences for you and your doctor. The VA is federal and Marijuana is still considered a narcotic by the DEA and using or possessing it is a crime. How long does pot stay in your blood and urine?