VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Va Pain Medication Policy

Rate this topic

Why is the VA so frakked up? I really want to use the 'F' word..! Yesterday I go to take some stupid lessons on how to inject some meds through my muscle and fat....

I didn't feel the needle at a, so that went ok,,, I went to some stores for some shopping when I picked up my wife on the way home. Today I wake up and my leg feels like it was kicked by a horse where I injected testosterone, (they said my tests show the level was to low.) I always do as my doctors tell me. I am always open to them, I have never lied... but when the nurse calls me, she is telling me they will not send my monthly pain meds unless I sign some form saying I will not abuse drugs.

She says I have to get my last doctor who prescribed my drugs to sign a form, a release saying I will only get pain meds from my VA doctor. I told the nurse that I have only taken meds form the va for the last 20 years. That I was getting my pain meds from my VA primary care doctor where I used to live, at the VA clinic. She says they thought I was getting drugs from outside doctors. I have no frakkin idea where they get this bogus info~... ! They have all my VA records, why don't they read them!!! Arrrgh.. then they tell me my last drug test,, actually I think they just took one of my usual blood tests that I get quite often and used some of the blood to check me, to spy on whatever is in m y blood She was saying something about the VA checks for drugs in your blood. Anways, my blood test are ok and they are consstent with what the va prescribes me. I could tell them that, I only take what the va gives me. Anyways, then she tells me I have to sign a form before they send my pain pills. I drove there yesterday to my primary care was there 45 minutes. Now she says I need to sign a form, but they didn't ell me when I was there! It is a 150 miles, round trip! She says she will mail the forms, then says they don't have my P.O. Box, we don't use a mail box. I tell her well they have to have both my physical address and my P.O. box because the VA sends me meds through both my p.o. box and by ups to my physical address. So, they will send me the g___dam form, I will sign and return it to.. get the drugs that help contro my severe chronic pain, the ones that they are dropping my dose on, saying my pain meds were above the level they would allow! Meanwhile the pain doctor had me go through many appointments and another MRI just to get my spinal shot, that I was getting every three months in San Diego, but she stopped them here and I am suffering so bad I am ready to crawl too get around! The San Diego VA was sending me notices saying hurry up and get my spinal shot, yet the pain doctor stopped them up here! I did everything they ask, yet they have bogus info, assume wrong info , and refuse to listen, and then spy on me to see if I am doctor shopping!

I hope some reams there asses! I hope someone is listening who can helps us poor vets are getting FD..ed every which way. They are really crazy whoever is running the VA! The San Diego treated me very good, up here they are totally screwed up! again, I don't take illegal drugs, I only need to continue the excellent treatment I got down south... is that to much to ask!!?? Not all doctors are messed up or nurses but something is totally wrong up here they can't seem to get their records straight, refuse to read the VA records a vet has from other va clinics.. and refuses to continue ongoing treatments without putting you through hell!

Edited by retiredat44

when they have an emergency room full of people laying on the floor in pain, they will change thier policy.

yay,, I was informed the person who supposedly makes the pain shot in the spine appointments is going to be back next monday and I have to call and ask where my appointment is,, and why It is 4 months late!!?? Meanwhile I suffer greatly while they have one person in control who is not at their desk for several weeks at a time! frkkin VA!!!! Then I will finally get my spinal shots that let me walk upright instead of intense spinal pain while I drag my knuckles like Charles Laughten did in the hunchback movies!

Why is it they only have on person in control and they are only there once every 29th blue moon?!

I can go on but find this all a sucky experience with the VA!

I never even got to tell anyone here about the other crazy crap the us gov puts me through! I have stories to ell about the crap they do to me and the messes I have to straighten out with my own limited money and resources, guilty until proven innocent here in the usa ! If anyone wants to hear about my other experiences let me know I have some good real life experience stories about the us gov screwing us! I have a story about my Fema nightmare. I won, though I do get most of my money back, but they will not reimburse me for the engineer I had to hire to prove I am not in a flood zone and have my property designation changed to not in flood zone, to stop them from charging me flood insurance for property on a small hill. Water runs downhill. Duh!!!

while that one thing by itself has nothing to do with pain, it is additive and when you suffering al the normal life things are still there... needed work and attention,,, while you are suffering from pain problems, while someone at the va isn't at their desk for weeks, months, whatever... si it affects all aspects of your life,,, and when it has other gov agencies involved it is a big cluster F*(((&^

Edited by retiredat44

I am having the same issues with the VAMC. My VA doc, which is at a contracted clinic, believes I should have the pain med. A psychiatrist at the main VAMC is a against me taking them and thinks I dont have real pain. I have only seen him in-patient. Now they are gonna be forced to do something about my back instead of just giving me meds. I would rather have a surgery if I can be pain free than take any meds. The VAMC is leaving me hanging without any pain relief. I went from 120 pills a month to 4 a week. I am having withdrawls and worse pain now. I really dont wanna take the stuff anymore. I dont know what to do either. Patient Advocate is really of no help to me. They dont wanna get involved because they are not clinical. I might quit my good paying job because I cant handle the pain and anxiety anymore. Dont know where to turn anymore. my VAMC is worthless to me now!

• 3 weeks later...

I also received this letter. It's funny because I just switched from an outside pain center to the VA about a year and a half ago. Now I might have to switch back again. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if they try to cut back or ween me off my oxycodone and my fentanyl patches.