VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

3 Year C&p Reevaluation ?

Rate this question

slangpdx

Question

There is a reference to a 3 year c & p reevaluation by by iraqx2 on this thread:

This if the first I have ever heard of this. I have a decision from Jan 2011 from claim filed in Feb 2010, 70% sc rating. I have heard nothing from VA about any new c & p. Portland Oregon VA regional.

thanks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Addendum to above:

I have been seeing a VA psych every 30 to 60 days since the decision. I have read that possibly this stops the system from scheduling a c&p reeval to see how you are doing. I very recently stopped the visits because of the difficulty of taking time off to get there but am now thinking it would be good to keep scheduling those visits. I have a primary care appt. scheduled for next month.

The only veterans that I do know about, is those that have been medically boarded out with a mental health issue. Around here, most are brought back within a year.

I would not miss any of your scheduled appointments. You miss these and you tell the Doc that you cannot take time off from work, that's a strike against you! You are able to work, you have a regulated life and the list goes on. I'm glad your able to work, but sometimes it can be used against you on a mental health disability.

Continue with your appointments and you should be ok. The only time I would worry is if you made a statement that your condition is getting better. These mental health docs have outstanding ears, and they will use that against you.

There is a reference to a 3 year c & p reevaluation by by iraqx2 on this thread:

This if the first I have ever heard of this. I have a decision from Jan 2011 from claim filed in Feb 2010, 70% sc rating. I have heard nothing from VA about any new c & p. Portland Oregon VA regional.

thanks

For me the only future C&P I have scheduled in the future for now in 5 years is my one for Migraine Headaches that was just SC in April 2013. I asked the RO this week and it's scheduled for 1 April 2018 in the system due to it's a rating for 50% and requires a 5 year evaluation after initial award. My other 10% for tinnitus, 30% IBS (Presumptive Iraq), 40% PTSD none of those have any scheduled exams in their system or references to requiring a future exam due to the likelihood for improvement that is in any of my decision paperwork. But that's in my case....