VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claimed Disibilities Now "vbms"?

Rate this question

TiredCoastie

Question

Anyone else experienced this and can explain what's happening? Yesterday my latest claim changed from having been in processed and "under review" as of 17 April 2013 to 16 May 2013. What's really interesting is that the four issues I'd claimed (and one the intake person got wrong thinking mini-strokes are somehow heart attacks) changed to "vbms (new)". While many of us are questioning what VBMS is going or not going to do for and to us, thought it funny that my claimed disabilities are the name of the system itself.

Hopefully, this is a sign that the regional office just transferred to VBMS and e-bennies needs to catch up with the connection. Hopefully, it will mean that someone beyond the intake person will look at my claim faster than a month from now.

Anyone have any ground truth? "Hope is not a strategy" was a famous quote from a former Coast Guard Commandant. I can bug my NSO but don't feel that will gain anything other than more telephone time expended.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

And now that the claim has moved to the "gathering evidence" phase (3 months from date of submission), it says my claimed disabilities are "vbms (new); VBMS (new)", so they added another VBMS to my disabilities. Anyone else seen this in ebennies?

Mine chnaged also to the VBNS system tacked on about 8 months of time and Manilaha has temp jurisdiction. I dont get that part my claim was filed san diego

Sounds funny that your claim was transferred around. Looking at the published stats, San Diego's performance isn't too bad but it looks like the worst in the Western Region. Maybe your claim got "tiger teamed" out?

Did you move to a different location? My initial claim started in Baltimore but shifted to Philadelphia which is the RO for where we live.

One piece of good news is that Manila has a very small stack on hand relative to other ROs, a high accuracy rating while San Diego is pretty poor, and a faster than San Diego turn around time. But...eight more months?

Do you have a VSO helping you with your claim? If so, does your NSO know what's going on?

Something you read often on hadit.com is not to take eBenefits too seroiusly.

I have not moved anywhere last year it went to Denver for a few weeks for adim review and back dont know what that was about either. I thought it was a mistake cause the Manila thing was gone but its back listed as temp jurisdiction. They tacked on 6-8 months more time. American legion is handling it but I never here from them. I will just sit back and wait it out.

Your claim's long, strange trip sounds just plain weird to me but I don't have a lot of experience beyond my own claims, one of which followed me from Baltimore to Philadelphia. Having worked with four different NSOs now across two different VSOs, you'll rarely get any communications initiated by an NSO. They're handling a slew of claims and don't pay attention to any one in particular. Just a recommendation, but you might want to give your Legion NSO a call and see if there's any insight they can provide.