VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lap Band Surgery

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

On Tuesday I meet with a Doc to go over whether or not I will get Lap Band Surgery. My Medicare/HMO will cover it. Sort of annoys me that I will have to make copays for something that the VA should do but that is the story of my life.

Reasons I need Lap Band Surgery to lose weight.

Diabetes

Sleep Apnea

Hyper Tension

41 BMI

302 Lbs

Breathing Problems

I have gained 30 lbs in less than a year.

I have become very depressed about not being able to lose weight which might cause them not to do it.

For those of you who pray please include me in your prayers.

Pete

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Good for you Pete,

The most important thing is for you to feel good about the decision. I'm glad the doctor took the time to answer your questions and you have confidence in him. That is key to a sucessful result. A pound a week is perfect because as you loose the weight you'll be able to exercise a little bit and increase your muscle tone some. I know it's hard with DMII, but you'd be surprised what two Cambell's soup cans are able to accomplish. I'm really happy for you, just take it slow and steady.

Jangrin :P

Jan:

Thanks for the kind words. I am really starting to feel like I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I have been very depressed about my weight. I used to be pretty :o