VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Advice

Rate this question

Guest rickb54

Question

Guest rickb54

I requested a ILS program in Feb 2005, I moved to Georgia in Dec 2005, so the request was put on hold. In Feb 2006, I went to a group orientation and watched a stupid film. It was determined I would benefit from a program of ILS. I saw two contractors, one interviewed me as to my needs, and wants, the other came to my home and took pictures, in preperation to do adaptive remodeling (ramps etc.) That was on 23 May 2006. My counselor told me another contractor would write the plan that was on 26 June 2006. On 11 July 2006 I was informed contractors cant write plans anymore because of lost laptop, and increased security. Was told to come in on 25 Jul by counselor and plan would be wrote up and ready for review. On 25 July no writen plan, was told, needed estimates to do remodeling, need washington dc approval, and no money was available until Oct. Was told contractors would contact me for estmates. So far noone has contacted me, when I call counselor (three times) she does not return call. I feel I am getting the run around. I have written a letter to the va supervisor but am reluctant to mail it because It might screw up all chances of getting anything, on the other hand counselor has not done anything since first meeting because I still do not know what I am getting or if I will get anything...

what say you... is it time to get the squeaky wheel oiled????

Edited by rickb54

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Rick:

My guess is ILS is out of money. I would gear up for next fiscal year in early dall.