VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Representative

Rate this question

Charleese

Question

Hi all,

Can someone tell me if a person who works for the VA as a VA Representative. and you give him your application is that considered that the VA received your application/claim.

The reason why I ask is that a friend of mind in the South submitted an application/claim by giving it to a VA Representative. Now the VA is telling him that his statement that he gave application/claim to VA Representative does not establish that a claim was received by VA. This is all they would tell him.

This was not done through a Service Organization, because if it was he would have to have signed a power of attorney.

If there are any regulations on VA Representative please post.

Please respond.

Thanks!

Charleese

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA is right on this point. I would let the VSO look over my application for disability but I would file myself via certified mail or hand carried and date stamped copies. There are some here who have had the VSO take the application and sit on it or lose it. I don't think a vet can depend on the VSO to work the claim without constant monitering by the vet.

The VA is right on this point. I would let the VSO look over my application for disability but I would file myself via certified mail or hand carried and date stamped copies. There are some here who have had the VSO take the application and sit on it or lose it. I don't think a vet can depend on the VSO to work the claim without constant monitering by the vet.

Hi John 999,

As I stated below this was not a Service organization Representative nor a Veterans' Service Organization. If he used those organizations he would of have to have signed a power of attorney.l

I look at it this way, if I were to go to the VA now and there Representatives interview me and help me prepare an application and when I finish I give it to them, because they represent the VA I have submitted my application/claim to VA. Am I wrong. Please let me know.

• HadIt.com Elder

Charleese

When you do submit the application to the VA rep get a date stamped copy of everything you submit. I don't think it hurts to have a VSO as your POA as long as you keep an eye on them.

John

Charleese

When you do submit the application to the VA rep get a date stamped copy of everything you submit. I don't think it hurts to have a VSO as your POA as long as you keep an eye on them.

John

John 999, you don't understand. This application was already submitted by my friend see below:

The reason why I ask is that a friend of mind in the South submitted an application/claim by giving it to a VA Representative. Now the VA is telling him that his statement that he gave application/claim to VA Representative does not establish that a claim was received by VA. This is all they would tell him.

My question is if your at the VA and you give their representative your application/claim isn't that being received by VA.

Thanks!

• HadIt.com Elder

"My question is if your at the VA and you give their representative your application/claim isn't that being received by VA."

Yes, Charlese, it is. But, you just put your future in someone else's hands when you handed them the paperwork. What if, Heaven forbid, the person walked over to the trashcan and dumped the paperwork in the trash, just because they didn't like your perfume, your color, your accent............?

Would you have any way to prove you actually did turn in your paperwork?

Always, Always, send it to them, USPS or UPS with delivery confirmation, then take your delivery receipt and attach it to YOUR copy of the paperwork you just sent to them. ALWAYS.

You gotta do this just like you were conducting a business.

Guest jstacy

If the informatio was accepted by a VA employee and he is a Veterans representative then I think it should count. I believe there is confusion. If the person was a VA Employee and not a verterans service rep.