VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Home Depot And Lowes

Home Depot

Per my communication with the Home Depot’s customer care department,

“We offer a 10 percent discount, up to a $500 maximum, to all active, reserve, retired or disabled veterans and their family members with a valid military ID.

All other military veterans qualify for a 10 percent discount during Memorial Day, Veterans Day and Independence Day.”

Home Depot and Lowes 10% Military Discount Available Everyday

Home Depot and Lowe’s have long been known to offer a 10% holiday discount to military members and their families, and in many cases veterans and retirees. These promotions were usually limited to the main military holidays such as Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Veterans Day. Well, no longer – both companies have just announced these offers are available every day of the week! Additionally, you may be able to find discounts online at Lowes.com and savings at HomeDepot.com.

Military Discount Eligibility: Please read the discount information closely, as these discounts may or may not be available to all military veterans on a daily basis.

Home Depot 10% Military Discount

Where one goes the other will follow. Home Depot and Lowe’s are notorious for attempting to undercut their competition, and it is easy to use their deals against each other – try it, just go into a Lowe’s or Home Depot with the flier from the other store and you can almost always get a price match.

The Home Depot 10% military discount was also originally focused on the major veterans holidays, but they followed Lowe’s lead. Again, you should expect to have a proper military ID and except certain limitations on dollar values, online shopping and more. But it’s still a great deal!

Home Depot Military Discount Policy

Some military members and veterans have reported not being able to receive a 10% discount when shopping at Home Depot. I have seen multiple instances where Home Depot advertises the discount, but they don’t officially have the discount listed on their website. An online customer service rep recently gave me this information about Home Depot military discounts:

Advertisement - Continues Below

The Home Depot offers a year-round, 10 percent discount, up to a $500 maximum, at our U.S. stores to all active duty military personnel, reservists, retired or disabled veterans and their immediate families. We offer this discount to thank them for their outstanding service to this nation and to help make their homes more comfortable and safe. Customers requesting the discount should present a valid military ID.

In addition, a 10 percent discount is also offered in recognition of Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day and Veterans Day at all U.S. Home Depot stores for all other military veterans. (source)

I also contacted a Home Depot customer service rep online and she gave me this response:

We proudly offer Active and Veteran military a 10% discount on their online or in store purchases. Please contact Online Customer Care at 1-800-430-3376 and place your online order over the phone for a immediate discount or bring your ID to your local Home Depot. However, this may not be used in combination with any other sale prices or discounts.

This was the first mention I had heard of being able to receive a military discount online, but it’s worth trying to contact Online Customer Care to see if you can get the discount.

Other people have mentioned not being able to receive the discount for in-store purchases. Apparently it often comes down to manager approval, so it is most likely on a store by store basis. Please share your experiences below.

• HadIt.com Elder

I've generally used Lowe's, due to their 10% yr round discount, however recently Home Depot made their 10% discount yr round, so I now use them also. I think you could get them both to honor 10% on any amount over $5,000, just buy in $5000 increments. ;-)

jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

I used my Home Depot to get a new HVAC Trane System via a contractor. Not only did they finance with no interest they gave me a full 10% on 8000 dropping cost to 7200. I also got 1000 off so I got a system that is one of best for the same cost as some of the cheaper. The contractor also installed free of charge a new attic ladder, I have yet to use the heater but the A?C is great.

Our Lowes Store used to allow us to use discount for family which included my brother.

I make it a havit to ask any one I make a purchase if they offer discounts for Veterans or old people

• 8 months later...

I have spent over 5K at Lowes the last few months on a John Deere Zero Turn for my father, and a Troy Built mower, weed eater and blower for myself. I also purchased a new washer and dryer, and they were all more than $500 each, and I have always been given the 10% discount, which has saved me a lot over time.