VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Home Depot And Lowes

• HadIt.com Elder

It all depends on where you are. Last summer I got 780 off when I purchased new a/c system. The system the VA said they would buy but did not.

My Dallas Lowes has the discount posted and says can use for your family also. In Texas it basically saves the sales tax. I am grateful that they offer it.

I know that Home Depot does not offer the discount on most of their appliances. They told me that I am not entitled to the 10% discount on "Special Buys" which most of their appliances are. I know I have received a discount on appliances at Sears.

i've used the discount at both places multiple times without issue. You must have a current ID card (so 100% & retiree etc) for the year round benefit, I believe. Showing your VA ID card might not work unless it is memorial day or veterans day, but I am often wrong so...

either of the stores if things have a special percentage off than our discount can't be piggybacked/ no double dip. I bought 4K worth of appliance for 3K at Home Depot. This was accomplished by they have this buy more, save more thing. THis isn't a percentage discount so you can get 10% off. I also purchased the items on MA tax holiday. These were gifts for my GF's house. Fridge/Stove/Dishwasher all Samsung...so the stove or dishwasher were free.

hope that helped

My Home Depot and Lowes will accept the brown DOD I.D. card for 10% off anytime for any item, including sales items. They will only accept the regular VA I.D. card for 10% off on Veterans Day and Memorial Day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

Here, Lowe's and Home Depot are across the street from each other. For a major purchase, I always price check both without and with the discount.

Often, you can get not only a price match, but an additional discount as well when you quote or show the competition price.

It usually takes a member of "senior management" to OK the deal.