VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Depression Secondary To Hearing Loss

Rate this question

killemall

Question

I went to the va mental health a year ago. told them I was depressed because of my hearing loss.

Made me do all kinds of testing. my GAF score was an 55.

On axis 1 the doctor wrote depression secondary to medical condition plausable.

Do I have a shot at a depression claim?

...PRELIMINARY RESULTS BASED ON EBENIFITS...

I've was rated 0% for hearing loss in 2004

20% hearing loss 2009

30% hearing loss plus 10% tinnitus 2011

50% hearing loss 2013

In 2013 I put in a claim for depression secondary to hearing loss. I had a doctors evaluation that stated my depression was due to my hearing loss. It was denied in 2014

Within a year I appealed to bva.

Several years pass and in 2018 my bva appeal converts to a ramp appeal.  In 2019 my Ramp appeal for depression secondary to hearing loss was denied.

Within a year I start an AMA see a  bva judge lane appeal.  I include a second letter from a doctor also stating my depression is due to my hearing loss.

In 2020 the judge denied my depression secondary to hearing loss and stated that my doctor did not specifically use the phrase "atleast as likely as not"

In 2020 within a year of the bva denial I start a supplemental claim and include two new letters from 2 doctors and ensure they both state atleast as likely as not.

I attend a c@p exam and 8 days later Ebenifits shows that I am now service connected at 30% for depression secondary to hearing loss...

BUT WITH AN EFFECTIVE DATE OF DECEMBER 2020

Any thoughts on why such an effective date would be selected?

I "feel" that I did everything to preserve my 2013 start date

Sorry so many questions.

Is tdiu from the same etoligy possible with...

50% hearing loss

30% depression secondary to hearing loss

10% tinnitus.

I also have other disibilities that make my total current rating 80% but they are not ear related.

• HadIt.com Elder

killemall

If you have all your documentation  and its all in your C-file from the first time you ever applied for your claim or multi claims, I would suggest you find a experince attorney  or SOMEONE EXPERIENCED AND CERTIFIED IN PREPARING CLAIMS FOR VETERANS  WITH YEARS EXPERIENCE.

IT WOULD BE BENEFICIAL FOR YOU TO DO THAT ,  GATHER UP ALL YOUR DOUCUMENTS AND TAKE TO  A ATTORNEY.

You stand the chance of getting retro all the way back to when you first filed your claim/claims   if you kept up your time line appeals? OR SOMETIMES THAT DON'T MATTER,   then if I was you I would find me a good experience Attorney  or Accredited Claims Agent with years of experience.

your denials should tell a storey and let a experince Attorney figure it all out.

if you want preference or what to know of a good Law Firm just ask on hadit  they are a lot of experience highly qualified men and women out there that can certainly help you out. (JMO)

2 hours ago, Buck52 said:

killemall

If you have all your documentation  and its all in your C-file from the first time you ever applied for your claim or multi claims, I would suggest you find a experince attorney  or SOMEONE EXPERIENCED AND CERTIFIED IN PREPARING CLAIMS FOR VETERANS  WITH YEARS EXPERIENCE.

IT WOULD BE BENEFICIAL FOR YOU TO DO THAT ,  GATHER UP ALL YOUR DOUCUMENTS AND TAKE TO  A ATTORNEY.

You stand the chance of getting retro all the way back to when you first filed your claim/claims   if you kept up your time line appeals? OR SOMETIMES THAT DON'T MATTER,   then if I was you I would find me a good experience Attorney  or Accredited Claims Agent with years of experience.

your denials should tell a storey and let a experince Attorney figure it all out.

if you want preference or what to know of a good Law Firm just ask on hadit  they are a lot of experience highly qualified men and women out there that can certainly help you out. (JMO)

Thank you very much.  Truly appreciated