VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do You Get An Ebenefits Premium Account?

Rate this question

GuaymasJim

Question

I have not had an active claim in 33 years, but started one about two weeks ago for IHD, PTSD. As much as I hate to admit it, I, like many others, was cowed by the VA and didn't want to disturb a 100% (TDUI) P&T rating by exposing it to reconsideration by making a new claim. That was stupid of me and I really regret having punked out. My initial rating was awarded, then CUE'd by a different RO which reversed the award; and then CUE'd again by a third RO which restored the rating. I have forgotten to send in the unemployment form a couple of times, but the rating hasn't ever been changed and i have never been paid less than the full amount each month. SSA followed the VA's actions of award, denial, award and I have received SSDI for the same amount of time.

I know the misery and upset this VA BS causes especially our newer generation of veterans. I have read many hadit comments over the years about just this issue. However, at 65 with the TDUI rating in effect continuously for 32 years with P&T in effect continuously for 27 years, I suppose I am safe.

I wrote a letter to VARO Phoenix (Certified Mail RRR) claiming service connected IHD and PTSD, and asked why inferred claims had not been opened by them when these conditions were reported and confirmed to them during an FTCA claim. I enrolled in eBenefits a few years ago and recently tried to "upgrade" the account online and over the phone, but cannot seem to get it accomplished. I use myHealthyvet quite often to order medication refills etc. I suppose my Mexican internet IP address could account for the online eBenefits upgrade failure, but my telephone is a US phone (Vonage). The only advice the person on the other end of the call could give me was to call Peggy. Peggy was of no help.

I am curious if a 2006 Dx (no formal claim or rating) would qualify for Nehmer processing. (which I don't understand at all)

The reason I am applying now is the possibility of the 100% + 60% SMC; and for reopening the window to get disabled veteran life insurance. I never knew either of these benefits was available until I read about them here. Thanks!

Anyone have any suggestions? I would like to receive eBenefits misinformation like everyone else. I feel sort of left out. (Attempt at humor.)

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Sorry, meghp0405 I was trying to be sarcastic and failed.

However the eBenefits account problem is important to me. Believe it or not, I always get friendly helpful people on the phone when I try to upgrade my account, but we never get it done.

• HadIt.com Elder

Maybe the easiest way is to call 800 827 1000 they have a extension in the welcome dedicated to setting up ebenefits.Or at least they used to do that

I had to go into Indy Hospital (Roudebush) and they had too visually see my drivers license and then they upgraded my account themselves on the spot. Finding the right office to have that done in the hospital was a pain, but that is what it took for me two years ago. And I believe I also filled out a one page form also. This had nothing to do with a regular account because I had that, so it dealt with a Premium Account.

Edited by kevin4998

I had to go into Indy Hospital (Roudebush) and they had too visually see my drivers license and then they upgraded my account themselves on the spot. Finding the right office to have that done in the hospital was a pain, but that is what it took for me two years ago. And I believe I also filled out a one page form also. This had nothing to do with a regular account because I had that, so it dealt with a Premium Account.

Jim,

I agree with this poster - a premium account to my knowledge, must have physical proof

of identity, prior to issue.

At least that's how mine was obtained.

Thanks folks! I went to the VAMC in Tucson and asked where I could upgrade my eBenefits account. They sent me to the MyHealthyVet (MHV) office. I asked about upgrading my eBenefits account as opposed to my MHV account. I was given a little slip of paper titled eBenefits Contact with a man's name and telephone number on it. The number is always answered by a recording telling the caller to leave a message. I have left a message 14 times at last count. I have never received a return call.

I will keep trying.

Thanks again!