VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another Question About Sleep Apnea

Rate this question

adkins7b

Question

I have filed a claim July 2011 so should be getting close, my question is I have several complaints of fatigue and trouble sleeping in my SMR. I was diagnosed 2 years after seperation and have a nexus letter with the magic va words. Will this be enough, they scheduled me for a sleep test while i was in but missed it because of a schedule change at work and never got it done. I went to medical probably 5 times complaing about it over a 3 year span. I appreciate all the help.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks I won sc for sleep apnea, the only thing they approved me for.. Currently appealing other conditions and thinkging about filing depression and anxiety secondary to sleep apnea..

have you been diagnosed with a mental health condition? If not, you need a diagnosis and then you will need the NEXUS.

if you have claims that are pending, I would advise not to submit any additional claims until your current claims are completed. If you do, it will hamper the progress of the on going claims.

If you do decide to file a claim for any type of MHC secondary to sleep apnea, you will need a STRONG nexus letter from your doctor. Why he/she believes your MHC is secondary to OSA and how he arrived at that decision. Any medical cases where this has been accomplished?

if you are already SC for OSA, obtaining a buddy statement wont do you any good. I believe that your uphill battle will be with the anxiety secondary to OSA. JMHO.

Good luck..

I have appeals on anxiety bipolar depression but I am thinking of claiming secondary why the appeals are on going because if my appeal goes to bva it could take years or if i file a fully developed claim secondary anxiety depression ..

Im going to talk to dav because vso people are useless here.. I tried today but couldnt get myself out of bed bad day..