VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefit Status Says "with Vso" What Does That Mean?

Rate this question

bucfan47

Question

Thank you, I know what VSO means I guess I should have worded it differently. I wanted to know more of what does it mean as far as processing goes? Was it sent back to my local state office, is it being decided on etc...

My appeal was docketed in Feb. 2013 and this is the first change in status I have seen.

It took 18 months for my VSO to "prepare" my claim. Its part of the "black hole" of claim waiting. By saying the claim is "with VSO", then the VA doesnt have to claim responsibility for the backlog, they put that one on the VSO. It means your VSO is taking their sweet time preparing your claim for the BVA judge.

That's what I feared! Bermuda Triangle!! Thank you!

Actually the BVA is just the BVA - - -

When the BVA remands to the AMC - - -

NOW - - - your claims has landed in the Bermuda Triangle : - )

I think the VA is waiting for the VSO to prepare a 646. If you search 646 at hadit , there is past discussion here on this form.

Personally I think they should eliminate the need for any 646 at point of BA transfer for most claims, and the VSO,who helped file the claim in the first place, should prepare one when the claim is filed, instead of being one more thing to do before the claim is formally transferred to the BVA.

A state rep prepared a 646 for me once that held up my claim. He worked in the VARO building , not in the local state office, and didn't have a clue on my issue, and therefore couldnt prepare a 646 worth it's while.

However, other reps or VSOs , I have noticed in some BVA decisions, where BVA does opine on the 646, have done fabulous jobs at supporting the I-9 with probative statements.

It all comes down to the actual evidence however. A 646 is not a piece of evidence but it can be a good opportunity for a rep to advance your argument by referring to your evidence.

As I mentioned here before, in my opinion as a hard core long term claimant, the 646 and also the I-8 VA appeal certification sheet are just VATWFAMs (Time wasting ' farting around' maneuvers,on VA's part . wacko.png I could gripe all day about the I-8... a check list Yes or No..... did you (VA) do this and that etc etc........

If VA really did half of the stuff some employee quickly checks off Yes to, on the question list, we would not have gotten into such an overwhelming backlog, as those Yes answers, , when the BVA got the case, were really Nos and the claim had to be remanded.

But then again a strong 646 could gain the attention of the RO, prior to the BVA transfer, enough to potentially maybe make VA give the decision a new look.

Like in a case where the VA had failed to address VERY probative evidence at all, that the rep made a strong point about on the 646.

Edited by Berta