VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claims Number

Rate this question

melvin410

Question

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

In a 1970's claim you would have a number other than SSAN. I have a 1972 claim & it has it's an unique number. If you applied for GI Bill, VA Home Loan, etc you could have a Claim Nymber (I think).

Don

• HadIt.com Elder

Your "C" File Claim number can be different than SS # but they should be linked. You should call 800 827 1000 and give them your Social and ask for you Claim Number.

I was informed by VA that I had a claims No. gave to me back in 1970 But no medical claim was filed Is this possable? Can any one tell me?
did you file a claim in 1970? do you have any proof?I filed a claim in 1978, va wrote back no records found,found claim with recordsI got from va ,they had my records,medical,c&p exam,everything I sent they had,claim of 1978 had va stamp on it proof,they got it,if you anthing to prove ,you opened that claim you can go back to 1970. frank

Pete is right. Your C-file number is either a 8 digit number or later in the 70's it was converted to a SSN number. Much like service numbers. You can tell old vets from new ones because old vets prior to 1968 had service numbers. I have a service number, so I am an old fart!!

Patrick