VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Effective Date Of Claim For Increased Rating.

Rate this question

Guest jstacy

Question

Guest jstacy

In November 04 I went to the VA complaining of neck problems with turning the neck and pain as well as increased sensory disturbances. I filed a claim in March for an increase of C degenerative Joint and Degenerative Disk Disease. According to the C@P results I feel fairly confident this will be granted but I am a little confused as to the exact effective date. Would it be the date the entitlement arose or the date of VA examimination?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

It should probably the date you filed the claim unless there is something in your file to show you complained or were examined for this problem before you file the claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

Question; is your neck injury military related? .My neck creaks, passenger in auto accident in service, been considering evaluation, SC on lower lumbar, not sure if they specifed Degenerative Disk Disease, does that increase % you think? Hadn't thought of sensory disturbances, can you tell me more? thanks cg

Guest jstacy

Question; is your neck injury military related? .My neck creaks, passenger in auto accident in service, been considering evaluation, SC on lower lumbar, not sure if they specifed Degenerative Disk Disease, does that increase % you think? Hadn't thought of sensory disturbances, can you tell me more? thanks cg

It is already service conencted. The service connection depends opon limitation of motion for arthritis ( traumatic)

Service connection for lumba and cervical spine are separate ratings.

You should check into the accident and see if your neck problems are related. All you need is a MD opinion stating that is is at as least as likely not related to the accident.

It should probably the date you filed the claim unless there is something in your file to show you complained or were examined for this problem before you file the claim.

John about a year before I filed the claim I complained and got a MRI. The C@P examiner used the MRI As evidence.