VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exam Question

Rate this question

TLaff

Question

I have been diagnosed with Major Depression due to Chronic Pain dut to my secrvice connected several back pain problems. The Doc that daignosed me seen me for over a year with a Gaf of 45-50 and recently got promoted and gave me to another VA Doc in which has stated the same thing and gives me a Gaf or 45-50. After two years of claims they have scheduled me for a C & P Exam for depression, why would i get a C & P Exam if i see the VA Doc every month or two? If another Doc gives me anything other than the other two VA Doc's wouldnt it make it look like they are trying to screw me?

T

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Regardless, if newer or other records exist that are recent and directly connected to the C&P, they should be offered to the examiner.

Refusal, when properly documented, can aid a case at the appeals level. It can show that the examiner did not follow a process that allows and encourages an appropriate case resolution. The result of not looking at appropriate medical records can easily result in the need for another (sigh) C&P.

It's also interesting that the RO often orders a very limited C&P, and it may not even focus on the primary issues of the claim.

I had a C&P recently that was ordered and completed after a claim was denied for the injury/disability listed in the claim. To make matters even more confusing, the real contention is that the VA failed to comply with certain legal requirements in denying the claim.

I forgot to mention that the reports i wanted to bring with me to the Mental Health and Neck and Back C&P exams was actual recent VA doctor reports. I figure if i present them with two doc's stating 45-50 GAF maybe they would feel inclined to rate the same????? By the way I want to thank all you guys for your imput, its alot of help.

T

If it was va doctor reports they have access to them anyways. They SHOULD have read them anyways before the talked with you, or at the least after. Jmho.

During my C&P in June, the examiner had never received or seen my C-file. He told me it was very odd and improper. Luckily I had a copy of all my records with me.