VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent Orange Claims Expanded !

Rate this question

rthomass

Question

The U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims handed down a ruling Wednesday 16 August 2006 pertaining to Agent Orange Claims That will impact thousands of AO claims previously denied by the VA. Reference Military.com article.

[b]I urge all Boots Not On the Ground AO Claimants with claims before the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims to request that the AO claims be remanded immediately back to the Board of Veteran Appeals.

Edited by rthomass

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

YEAH! It was GREAT NEWS---

Are you a member of OSR- Order of Silver Rose- AO vets-too----

I think we have a few more members here at hadit---

Have you heard from Gary in some time- they have not put this info at their home page-

http://www.silverrose.info/main%20menu%20page.html

Va will try to appeal this----then again maybe they won't-----

I posted the whole thing or a link to it (Haas V. Principi)

here at hadit- I have not had a single minute to read the decision well-

This news is slowly moving through the electronic veteranscommunity-seems like my vet orgs are trying to confirm it first- but it has been confirmed as you said by the VVA.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta,

I have my Order of The Silver Rose award framed & on my wall. After reading the OSR web site, I decided this something I wanted to do. Part of the award says "For Military Sacrifice in the Defense of His County while serving in the Republic of Vietnam" Not a Purple Heart (and shouldn't be), but is some recognition of having your life forever changed.

Don Evans

Don- they sent me some beautiful momentos when they heard about Rod.

I brought the Silver Rose Medal to one of the VAMC POW ceremonies.

A few vets knew about it.

"recognition of having your life forever changed"

That statement says it all Don. That is even a definition of the Vietnam War.

The first day I went into the Vet Center -in 1984-my life changed forever too.Because of Vietnam.

I am a civilian. I walked out as a totally different person.My whole little secure happy 'world' did a complete 360 but nothing like the way the "world" had changed for you vets.

I looked all over the VVA website and could find nothing on Agent Orange Coverage Expanded nor the article. Just old stuff on the Agent Orange section with the latest date of Jan-Feb 06. Where exactly did you find it on this website?

I posted all this info and the CAVC decision,in part, at hadit two days ago.

I could not post the entire 29 page pdf CAVC decision here-

The VA web site seems up and running again- it might be at CAVC site by now- I dont have time to check there-

what you are looking for is already at hadit.

I looked all over the VVA website and could find nothing on Agent Orange Coverage Expanded nor the article. Just old stuff on the Agent Orange section with the latest date of Jan-Feb 06. Where exactly did you find it on this website?