VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service Connected At 0%. Please Help

Rate this question

McLain

Question

Hi all! Thank you for your service!

Husband was just rated at 0% for TBI, this is service connected but No compensation? He was also denied completely on his Epilepsy & shoulder dislocation. :unsure:

He was in Special ops, maybe his records were classified, which is why they couldnt compensate or put the two together, because they could not access records?

I am not sure how he can be rated service connected but 0%? TBI can later cause epilepsy, and clearly this happened to him. What do we do? We are trying to obtain his records that are now archived at ST. LOUIS, MO. and planning to get an atty. Anyone been through this? Since they do recognize the TBI, do you think the appeal process may be easier? Anyone w/ any input is much appreciated.

THANK YOU ALL ! :smile:

• Answers 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

McLain,

Again . . .

Please clarify:

1) TBI - DC 8045 was granted as service connected with a zero percent evaluation.

2) TBI - service connection was denied.

Lol at the randome reply in error, Sorry about that Carlie obviously I cannot use this forum from my cell phone

I am looking at the letter: it States

Decision:

1. SC for TBI (claimed as head trauma) is granted with an evaluation of 0 percent effective July, 26, 2011.

That is the date we filed.

A Zero SC is far better than a Zero NSC.

And a TBI is most always a stressor event,causing PTSD. But I agree this will need a strong IMO/IME.

"I dont know what OEF/OIF means or CIB, sorry very new to the lingo."

OEF "Operation Enduring Freedom" and OIF "Operation Iraqi Freedom.”

They refer to both the Iraq and Afganistan conflicts

CIB - Combat Infantryman Badge as noted on a DD 214.

no do not believe he was diagnosed by MD about PTSD. His neurologist did acknowledge it a few times and he was told he had PTSD from neuro. Maybe its in her reports? We will be obtaini.g them soon

I dont believe he has CIB, or OEF/OIF. He says no anyways- Those things would only benefit his PTSD, correct?

Even though his PTSD is a big factor, we are really fighting for his epilepsy, which is his Main Disability it's causing him his daily activities, yardwork, housework, driving, walking places, and number one he can't do is work, at least right now.

Hi Guys, I know Carlie wanted to see original document, so I have scanned the denial letter/packet with personal information blocked out. Here is the attachment if you can see it! Please feel free to comment ;)

let me rescan this- the file is too large

Edited by McLain