VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service Connected At 0%. Please Help

Rate this question

McLain

Question

Hi all! Thank you for your service!

Husband was just rated at 0% for TBI, this is service connected but No compensation? He was also denied completely on his Epilepsy & shoulder dislocation. :unsure:

He was in Special ops, maybe his records were classified, which is why they couldnt compensate or put the two together, because they could not access records?

I am not sure how he can be rated service connected but 0%? TBI can later cause epilepsy, and clearly this happened to him. What do we do? We are trying to obtain his records that are now archived at ST. LOUIS, MO. and planning to get an atty. Anyone been through this? Since they do recognize the TBI, do you think the appeal process may be easier? Anyone w/ any input is much appreciated.

THANK YOU ALL ! :smile:

• Answers 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

DITTO on what harleyman stated that be a definite fact on not approving the PTSD. My claim came back just as such with a Psychologist and the MSW counselor on my side but without the Psychiatrist dx PTSD it will get denied. AO is another route to take without the same redtape in case you do not have or do not get the dx of PTSD. Good luck and God Bless!

Cham1968, did you go to your psychologist regularly, but since you werent seeing a psychiatrist they wouldnt accept it?

Are you taking medications for your PTSD like mood/nightmares etc?

He sees a counselor at the VA hospital and she gives him meds, it is talked about in his neurology reports about him having PTSD, and his neurologist is the one who referred him to counselor as well, but I am not sure if he has an actual DX...

Thanks!

• In Memoriam

This program is running until 9:00pm cst tonight. You can also view it in the archive. Dr. Bash and John Dorle both leave their phone numbers at the end of the program. Least you can ask if he can help you.

From SVR Forum:

This was a very good program with Dr. Bash and John Dorle--Jerrel and John Stacy.

The program will be playing, all day and evening (8-19-2013) in a loop, on the player here:

http://www.hadit.com/svr.html just click the arrow key on the player.

This program will be archived on the SVR website here:

http://svr-radio.com/archives.html

Cham1968, did you go to your psychologist regularly, but since you werent seeing a psychiatrist they wouldnt accept it?

Are you taking medications for your PTSD like mood/nightmares etc?

He sees a counselor at the VA hospital and she gives him meds, it is talked about in his neurology reports about him having PTSD, and his neurologist is the one who referred him to counselor as well, but I am not sure if he has an actual DX...

Thanks!

I saw a Pschologist for about 6mths then was recommended to the VET center for a Social Worker, both stated same dx but my package stated I since I was not dx by a Psychiatrist and the QTC Psychiatrist's statments would receive more weight. Then it went on to state Adjustment Disorder was dx by the QTC Dr. Been in counseling for 2+ yrs once a month minimum. Good luck God Bless