VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help! Claim Just Changed To Preperation To Decision

Rate this question

adkins7b

Question

I logged on to ebennies and my claim has changed to preperation to decision after 2 years, i still have not recieved a C P exam for any of my claims and was diagnosed after service. I have nexus letters with medical evidince in my SMR that show the symptons. Should I be worried that I have not recieved C P exams. Thanks for any help.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Worrying won't help, period. Who knows what it means, however if what has been posted recently about C&P exams is true, they could make a decision w/o them, which could be unfavorable to you. Just sayin . . . Best to wait until you see something in writing before making any judgements.

pr

adkins7b

I logged on to ebennies and my claim has changed to preperation to decision after 2 years, i still have not recieved a C P exam for any of my claims and was after service. I have nexus letters with medical evidince in my SMR that show the symptons. Should I be worried that I have not recieved C P exams. Thanks for any help

It appears, your claim for compensation has been reviewed by at least a VSR, and has been sent to the rating board as ready for decision by an RVSR. The RVSR (rater) will review your file again, and make a determination if they can rate the file on the evidence of record, or if the rater can do a provisional rating on the claimed decisions. If the rater cannot rate the case by either of these methods the file is sent to a "management type" for review again, and they will determine if an exam will or will not be ordered.

Edited by harleyman

I have tricare, wife is active duty so i have been recieving continued care for all of my issues and I have nexus letters. I am hoping that not having a c p might actually be better. I also have had my doctor fill out 2 1/2 pages of limitations for social security so for the mental health they should be able to rate me off of that. I guess we will see, the only thing i'm worried about is that civilian doc not va doc has diagnosed me with ptsd.

With the new VA temporary MOS of not ordering C & Ps, it will be interesting to see if the VA accepts your non VA PTSD diagnosis....and I hope they do!

If you receive SSDI solely for the PTSD, this would be excellent evidence for VA TDIU.

Can you clarify something...is the Tricare due to your wife's service?

Or ,are you a retiree , and if so have you checked out all the CRDP/CRSC stuff here at hadit ?