VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision Notification Sent

Rate this question

gr23932

Question

Hello, first time posting but I've learned so much from this site. My claim went from "preparation for notification" then back to gathering evidence all in one day. Under updates it says "Decision notification sent". Also, I now saw an AB8 letter that was never there, what can this mean? My claim was filled in March of 2013 while I was still in active duty, which I know is super fast. I got out in May and had a C&P exam in June. Is the AB8 letter legit? Thanks for your help.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yow....80% right off the bat......

Hopefully you wont have to wait much longer for that brown envelope........

Also maybe you should start checking your bank account soon, if you have direct deposit and VA has the banking info.

Many of us here have gotten VA deposits of retro to our bank accounts before we got the official award letter.

I had Harleyman's question too.... as to the MEB but I assume you had ample evidence on your discharge physical and in your SMRs, ....for the 80%.

Thank you for your Service!

I am also glad to see that the Transition Program worked well for you regarding this claim.

My daughter said the transition stuff was good when she was in, and even the VA briefing was great, but then again, the transition briefings are a lot to absorb sometimes, and the VA info doesn't always come close to explaining the real VA claims process.

Did you have a vet rep helping you with the BDD?

I was helped by the local VSO which was very helpful. He told me how to word by claim and what to include. We submitted by Medical records at the same time. I haven't talked to him since sending in my claim though. Everything I claimed was pretty much a direct result of an accidnet during EFMB, which was well documented in my Medical records. The VA portion of the TAP was pretty much just a slide show, they didn't answer any questions and were more concern with everybody just opening an Ebenefits account. I got most of the answers to my questions and worries from searching on this site and talking to retirees who went through the process already. I'm very thankful to this site and the help I received from those who went before me. So, is it safe to assume that what's on my AB8 will be what has been decided for now? I'm just very anxious and don't want to tell the wife until it's a done deal.

Edited by gr23932

I was helped by the local VSO which was very helpful. He told me how to word by claim and what to include. We submitted by Medical records at the same time. I haven't talked to him since sending in my claim though. Everything I claimed was pretty much a direct result of an accidnet during EFMB, which was well documented in my Medical records. The VA portion of the TAP was pretty much just a slide show, they didn't answer any questions and were more concern with everybody just opening an Ebenefits account. I got most of the answers to my questions and worries from searching on this site and talking to retirees who went through the process already. I'm very thankful to this site and the help I received from those who went before me. So, is it safe to assume that what's on my AB8 will be what has been decided for now? I'm just very anxious and don't want to tell the wife until it's a done deal.

AB8 is what I've always used as the first indicator, and it's been right twice.

AB8 is what I've always used as the first indicator, and it's been right twice.

That's great to hear. I'm feeling it might be OK to let the wife know today. Thanks!

Thanks. I just downloaded the AB8 letter and it says: Combined evaluation: 80 percent. Is this what I'm going to be rated at? If so, why did my claim go back to gathering evidence?

Congratulations and it should be any day not on the $$. As Berta stated, I got paid before I got the BBE.

God Bless and Good luck

Thanks everyone. I checked our bank acc. and a deposit was made today! Thanks to all who have provided the much need information and help on this website. You guys are awesome!

Congratulations to you and I know you are relieved. Remember to tuck back just a little moolah for a rainy day! Relax now...let it all soak in.. and also Thank you for your service!

God Bless you,

Celia