VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Suggest A Doctor For Imo

Rate this question

Valsacar

Question

I've been trying to get a hold of Dr. Bash for about a week, but no luck. Can anyone suggest another doctor that can do a good, strong, VA friendly IMO?

I am overseas currently, so I need someone that I can mail my records to and have them reviewed. I have statements from my doctors here, but they don't speak English well so the statements are not as strong, or VA friendly, as they should be.

The two things I need an IMO on are Eczema and Migraines.

Thanks.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I dont think Dr. Bash does skin disease claims...he could be trying to find a doctor who does......

Can the State Department help you find a doc in USA under the VA Foreign Medical Program?

Maybe I mean the US Embassy there......

I dont think Dr. Bash does skin disease claims...he could be trying to find a doctor who does......

Can the State Department help you find a doc in USA under the VA Foreign Medical Program?

Maybe I mean the US Embassy there......

On his site he said he only does skin diseases in certain cases. In my case, I already have everything needed, it just needs to be backed up (statement of concurrence) by a doctor that speaks VA English. Some journal references would be nice too.

DoS is basically useless when you're overseas, unless you're a business. The FMP program just does reimbursement, they don't know anything about doctors or hospitals here (I've tried, still not sure if they Lady I was talking to even knew where Korea was). Even if they could, it would still be a Korean doctor. Part of the problem is cultural, it's nearly impossible to get them to put anything in writing that they are not 100% confidant on. I had one doctor refuse to write it because, "It's only my opinion." It took me almost 6 months to get my allergist to write the statement that I have, and it's only half of what he's verbally told me. He also thinks it's likely that I was misdiagnosed by the Army docs, but it would be rude to put in writing that someone else likely made a mistake...

Email John Dorley at Minnysoda@comcast.net

He is Dr Bash assistant and can help.

J

Thanks, I sent him an email and he returned with a call within an hour! Very nice guy, and helpful. He gave me more information than the DAV (who has my POA right now) ever has...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use