VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea Win

Rate this topic

adkins7b

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will scan the letter when they come in. I tried to get my OTH changed and they denied me. The va also deteremined the oth was considered dishonorable for va purposes but i qualified under my honorable service. I do not think that i will be able to get the oth updgraded, i tried already and i think i had a year to appeal and that has passed.

All claims and medical evidence for claims are on my honorable period, so i'm going to have to wait for the envelope and appeal.

Advice on appeal will be appreciated, should i get an attorney? My VSO, was only helpful in giving me an example of a nexus letter. I have read haddit almost everyday for over a year. This site, is amazing and makes me tear up sometimes. I love the support that is here.

Edited by adkins7b

Congratulations on the sleep apnea. Was wondering if you'd be willing to share your nexus letter. It would help a lot of veterans on here.

Good luck with your PTSD.

yes i will up load my nexus but the nexus is not what made me win. The letter actually is no that good, I had complained about breathing, broken nose before service, sleep, at least 8 times over 3 years on my honorable period. I was diagnosed with the sleep apnea 2 years into my other than honorable period, which the va had deemed dishonorable for benefits.

On a side note, my wife is active duty and I have by the grace of god had medical insurance to be able to get another sleep study done and the civilian doctor to write the nexus letter for me. Also my ptsd and bi-polar docs are both civilians.

SLEEP APNEA NEXUS WORD FOR WORD

This is to certify that MR X was diagnosed with OSA in 2008 with AHI of 6.9 PSG on 2-8-2012 also showed AHI of 8.3 per hour of sleep. Mild Osa is noted with complaints of daytime sleepiness. Regarding his military service in 1999-2006. It is highly probable that his current condition of OSA was present at that time, especially given his complaints of loud snoring wife's witnessed breathing pauses and excessive daytime sleepiness that have been going on for the past 14 years.

Edited by adkins7b

2008 during my oth period i finally get a sleep study done here is what it says. I know i have to wait for the envelope to come but in 2008 my honorable ended 2006. They marked me chronic on anxiety and anxiety order nos. What I am asking is, I told the doc all of this can I claim it as secondary to sleep apnea.

I had some serious issues going on and thank god this guy wrote it down. I mean yes is says short temper and anxiety.. I am not going to tell a doc this unless it is really serious. Ok, done venting any help i appreciate as always.

Here is what the sleep study says on the first page

Mr X came to louisiana sleep diagnostics for an evaluation. He presented complaints of loss of energy, irritability, and short temper, anxiety and depression, trouble concentrating, mood and behavior changes, heavy snoring daytime somnolence, heartburn, dry throat, and an irresistible urge to move his legs while falling asleep, leg jerking, waking feeling partially rested or completely unrefreshed, a deviated septum and heartburn. He is currently using Flonase. His Epworth Sleepines Scale score is 8.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use