VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Us Treasury 310 Direct Deposit Payment, What Is This?

Rate this question

SSG Ramos

Question

I have no idea what this is. I did a google search, I searched the forum, went to eBenefits and nothing. I did apply for Social Security. But hopefully its not. My back pay goes back to May 6, 2010. This would be a problem. I was granted a 100% disability with the VA but its the same story my back pay goes back so this amount would be incorrect. If anybody knows what this is please share your knowledge with the forum. This morning I saw the particular income in my bank statement "US TREASURY 310 by the sum of 4,780. Any insight would be great, thank you in advanced.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I just received a deposit to my checking account. The description says VALG TREAS 310 TYPE: XXVA.
I'm not sure who to ask about this deposit. I am concerned because I was not notified I would be receiving it.
I retired from the Marines in 1997 with 10% disability. I've been receiving a separate disability payment from my regular retirement pay. This deposit is completely unexpected. thank you for any insight.

Edited by Ol' Bob
I found the answer It's a refund for closing costs. You should be getting a letter as well. There was an article someone provided in the comments of my post I'll come back and paste here abou

11 hours ago, Ol' Bob said:

I just received a deposit to my checking account. The description says VALG TREAS 310 TYPE: XXVA.
I'm not sure who to ask about this deposit. I am concerned because I was not notified I would be receiving it.
I retired from the Marines in 1997 with 10% disability. I've been receiving a separate disability payment from my regular retirement pay. This deposit is completely unexpected. thank you for any insight.

I found the answer:
It's a refund for closing costs. You should be getting a letter as well. There was an article someone provided in the comments of my post I'll come back and paste here about the VA issuing all these refunds for disabled vets that are exempt from those closing costs.

Here's the article : https://www.militarytimes.com/pay-benefits/2019/06/07/thousands-of-disabled-veterans-may-get-refunds-of-va-home-loan-fees/

• HadIt.com Elder

Everett M Shanklin You are tagging onto a very old string. I suggest you just start a new question so people don't get confused.  Just start a new subject.