VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fully Developed Claim Info

Rate this topic

Hello all,Have NOT had Any Active Claims with VA For 7 yrs now-Filed a FULLY Developed Claim-WHICH I Have never did before- in June for Convalescence benefit-Temporary 100% For 13 months from Hip replacement surgery-WILL Have another 60% plus left- to Make me eligible for SMC-S for that 13 months,the DAV Service officer said it would take about 90 days-filing the Fully developed claim to process-Received a letter from them 2 weeks ago saying-they have received my claim and are trying to decide if ANY Additional info is needed-ISN'T The purpose of a Fully developed to DECIDE claim on Evidence Submitted at time of claim-? Yesterday signed up for E-BENEFITS OPTION At VA Website-on Link for CLAIM Status info it states-estimated Claim COMPLETION date is between 6/2014-1/2015-DOES that seem RIGHT for a Fully developed claim-? The DAV Service officer is out of office till later next week-called the VA -800-827-1000,They claim there is NO Way they can tell if my claim was Accepted as Fully developed or NOT,had Convalescense benefit for surgery in the late 70's/early80's-was Processed within 30 days,the DAV Said All they NEEDED was Surgery report-sent them Surgery consultation/Pre-op physical/Surgery report,Any Imput greatly APPRECIATED,You all are all HEROES,Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first and foremost, please don't get wrapped around the e-benefits site. The information is rarely up to date, most cases inaccurate and if you don't have PTSD now, you will have after navigating the site.

Depending upon the VARO determines how long the FDC takes. I have submitted over 600 of these for veterans and the longest has taken 7 months. If the DAV has your power of attorney, you can call the DAV office that is located at the VA Regional office. Go to the DAV web site, there is a link for finding National Service Officers, find the one in your state, or the state that is adjudicating your claim and have them research it for you.

Hope this helps!

Exactly! I hate Ebenefits. Everytime I would go on that site, I would have a major meltdown. Don't even go there anymore. It's as useless as calling the 800 number.

Congress approved new legislation allowing VA officials to award one-year retroactive benefits from the filing date, as an incentive for veterans to use the FDC process.

Fully Developed Claims, touted by department officials as “the fastest way for veterans to receive a decision,” require veterans to provide all relevant documentation, such as medical records and personnel records, before handing their case to the VA for review.

They are usually done with the help of a veterans service organization. VA officials say compiling those documents is the lengthiest part of the ratings process, and that FDCs average well below the department’s goal of 125 days to finish cases.

The department has taken harsh criticism throughout 2013 for its disability claims backlog. As of last week, more than 500,000 cases were pending for over four months.

That’s down more than 100,000 cases since March, but still more than double what the backlogged case load was three years ago.

The new FDC incentive only applies to first-time claims from veterans, and not any supplemental cases or appeals. VA officials said the incentive will be available for any FDCs filed starting Aug. 6, 2013, and lasting through Aug. 6, 2015.

• HadIt.com Elder

The "one year incentive" is not necessarily so! It's one year from the date the law went into effect, along with some other niggly details!

Read the fine print on the contract. If (a big if) you file an informal claim, you have a year to complete the filing and the date of claim will be the moment you clicked it on ebennies. That's the hook. It will apply to about 10% of any new claims that fall inside the window. Caution. Retro $ are smaller than they appear in mirror. Wake up. Who, exactly, do you think you are dealing with here?