VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What If You Can Not Get Use To Cpap Machine

Rate this question

adkins7b

Question

I was wondering if anyone knew, what happens if you have sleep apnea but can not sleep using the cpap. I don't think the VA can lower you're rate or take it away, I actually think they should increase it because you can not get what you need to be fully rested. Always any feed back is appreciated.

Medicare will give you a new cushion every month plus filters for small copay but many medical eqpt companies seem to be halfa%^ed and not proactive.- VA needs badgering to give one every 6 months.

I have been checking on masks from China on alibaba and just got one from 1800CPAP.

Medicare will give you a new cushion every month plus filters for small copay but many medical eqpt companies seem to be halfa%^ed and not proactive.- VA needs badgering to give one every 6 months.

I have been checking on masks from China on alibaba and just got one from 1800CPAP.

Our insurance has bounced around on what it covers. Now I can get a new set of nose pillows and filter every 15 days. Used to be once a month...

Have never tried support through the VA for my CPAP - I use our medical insurance instead. Hearing aids must be different, because the VA supports mine with the drop of an email...whatever I need and it's on the way.

OOps- 1 more big thing: I had been cleaning my mask and face improperly and that was causing seal issues.

Way I have now been told that works is:

1. Apply Dawn detergent directly around mask cushion and rub around a bit- Rinse off in warm (not hot) water.

2. Do it again.

3. Wash face completely with soap and water awhile before bed.

This is working much better for me than just using baby wipes.

Edited by Notorious Kelly

I have not replaced my mask in a LONG time. TriCare, once your retired, only pays 20% for any equipment. I wish the VA would hurry up so I can get a new mask, my newest one is over a year old. I will try using Dawn on mine, too. I have been doing the "old school" bucket of water with 2 capfuls of bleach.