VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Headaches

Rate this question

womanbsweet

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If your VA Service Connected Disability keeps you from being able to work than it can go to 100%. Either schedular or by TDIU. Its not an easy thing but if you are getting SS for it maybe possible.

50% is the max for migraines. However, if you are unemployable you should file for individual unemployability. Your 50% rating will be the same but you'll be paid at 100% if approved.

Hello everyone!

I am new to Hadit.com and this is my first post, but I have been enjoying reading all of the posts here!

I am going through a claim for Individual Unemployability for migraines,

Yes we can be awarded 100% TDIU if you have SC migraines and the record shows very frequient, prostrating, and long duration migraines that keep you from gainful employment, but it has been easier saying that than going through the 8 year battle for it!

I suggest the following:

1.) get a copy of your C-file

2.) get a copy of your Service medical records

3.) get a copy of your VA medical record

4.) get copies of all civilian medical records

5.) make regular visits to your physcian for your migraines, and keep copies of the medical record.

6.) Get a Service Officer to open a claim for you, and work through them, route everything through them.

7.) Do not quit for anything! I left my claim alone for five years...that's lost money for my family.

I would also research BVA files for other cases pertaining to migraines and gleen information that can aid your case.

I hope that you decide to go for it, and are awarded what you desearve...thanks for your service!

BoonDoc

Edited by BoonDoc

• HadIt.com Elder

BoonDoc:

Welcome to Hadit and you made some good suggestions for Veterans with claims to follow. Thanks for the input.