VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Update To Is This Neglect

Rate this question

khensonb52

Question

I contacted a law firm that advertised speciality in vet cases. I gave the nurse my info, and I recived a letter from the lawyer stating the statue of limitations has ran out. I thought I had 2 years to file after I realized I had been wronged. In my case it was june 21 2013 although the wrong done by the va was 10 years ago, I was unaware I needed a cpap machine until 6-21-13 at the dr visit when she seen the old records, and I have since pulled all my records and it verifies the doc never followed up on sending the results of the test, to get the machine and also a titration study was supposed to have been done before dering a cpap machine , and the va doc never done this. The va doc has admitted to dropping the ball on that. Also va doc reordered an apnea test as stated beforeon 6-21-13 Test by va has still not been scheduled, so I went the medicare way,and had the test a week ago. Dx with sleep apnea and restless leg syndrome. Was fitted for my cpap machine today.Sounds like the va just don't give a dam my dear. Thanks Hadit

In reply to carlie,I just started on the cpap ordered by a private doc. I was having angina at night,so cardio doc wanted to see if the cpap machine helps me with angina before doing a coronary cath. I had open heart surgery in 1999 and had angina return starting in 2002. Service connected for IHD , diabetes, and lung cancer.I don't know if being without cpap that I was supposed to be on since tested by va in 2003, but didn't never followed up on till last june has harmed me or not, but what I've read on sleep apnea i'd say it has.I can get this verified by my cardio doc and my pulmonogolist that recently ordered the apnea study and by my family doc if needed. Docs don't want to do another bypass surgery unless absolutely necessary. Hopefully the cpap will help with reducing the angina.

Sure hope it does. Really glad to hear you've got the CPAP now. It might take some time to get used to sleeping with it. Don't give up on it. If necessary, try different masks...I use the "nose pillows" version and sleep much, much better.

I have experienced a big reduction in PVCs from using my CPAP. It's a huge blessing. Hope you find the same with your angina. Let us know.

In reply to carlie,I just started on the cpap ordered by a private doc. I was having angina at night,so cardio doc wanted to see if the cpap machine helps me with angina before doing a coronary cath. I had open heart surgery in 1999 and had angina return starting in 2002. Service connected for IHD , diabetes, and lung cancer.I don't know if being without cpap that I was supposed to be on since tested by va in 2003, but didn't never followed up on till last june has harmed me or not, but what I've read on sleep apnea i'd say it has.I can get this verified by my cardio doc and my pulmonogolist that recently ordered the apnea study and by my family doc if needed. Docs don't want to do another bypass surgery unless absolutely necessary. Hopefully the cpap will help with reducing the angina.

For a claim to succeed whether FTC or 1151, there MUST be additional

residual disability due solely to the malpractice, or it's a no-go.

Also, the malpractice must be proven.

What about the increase is IHD and angina? Sleep apnea can acelerate that. That would be the harm I suffered in filing a ftca or 1151. I' m also applying for increase in IHD rating of 60% to 100%, Increase in angina, increased meds, and ejection fraction of 30%.

What about the increase is IHD and angina? Sleep apnea can acelerate that. That would be the harm I suffered in filing a ftca or 1151. I' m also applying for increase in IHD rating of 60% to 100%, Increase in angina, increased meds, and ejection fraction of 30%.

The above is just generalized speculation and not specific to you and your situation,

from a credentialed medical professional.

What you have posted above would IN NO WAY, even begin to meet the criteria's for either an

1151 claim or FTC.

JMHO

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use