VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Re Evaluation

Rate this question

catt02189

Question

I was wondering if anyone might have gone though this:

I have been rated at 70% with 100% IU for about 5 years for PTSD. For the last couple of years, I have been recieving a form from the VA asking me if I have worked. I fill it out no and send it back. I got one this February and sent it back. In April, I got two seperate letters talking about my family possibly being eligible for CHAMPVA in one letter and Chapter 38 education benefits in the 2nd letter. I finally called the VA and asked if I had been made P&T. The person I spoke to on the phone said that they are no longer able to see if someone is P&T in the computer. I explained about the letters and they said I must be if I was getting those letters. I asked about future exams and they saw none scheduled. They then asked me if I had asked for my case to be reviewed and I said I hadn't. They told me it was before the board. At that point, there wasn't much I was going to ask and figuered I had gotten the letters as some action taken.

On Friday afternoon (I just love how they do that), I recieved a letter in the mail that I am to report for a C&P exam on 9/11 in connection to my claim. I have no clue what is going on and when I had spoke to the VA before 3 years ago, they told me I will not need representation for a re eval.

Anyone? And what can I expect during this exam?

Thank You.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You have already been service-connected for some time, so they don't need to re-evaluate that part of the

I wish I could be there with you, but we'll be here and you can post right up until you go through that door. We each have to carry our own rucksacks, but we can all carry them together!

Keep us updated. HUGS !! ~Wings

In the meantime, since your C-File has been forwarded to the VAMC that's going to examine you, you do have the opportunity then and there to