VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vcaa

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Men and women- I just posted a Success response but cannot move it here- it belongs in this topic-

If I can get anyone who never got this VCAA Notice to challenge this with RO right from the git go-

I will be delirious with joy-

See my response to Macool topic- re Banchie's claim-

about VCAA Gate

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Guest jangrin
I have had 4 of these and always checked the box with please decide my claim as soon as possable

Still I wait ............................and wait ...............................and.....................................wait

McCool,

I think that we all have to wait because that is the VA system. But I really think that if you have been getting the VCAA letters, it at least it means someone has looked at your file. And if you have recieved 4 of the VCAA letters, someone has looked four times. Some of the vets here don't even know for sure if their file has had a rater look at it (NO VCAA LETTER AT ALL )

Many vets here at hadit have been waiting a lot longer than we have(my husband and I ). My husband and I have only been waiting since Feb- 06. for his initial rating. So far no C&P exams have been scheduled. I think the VCAA letters are a positive sign. Hang in there don't get discouraged.

Jangrin :o

You are kidding ------right----??????

Your vet rep's boss is my (former) vet rep who sits in the office back by the coffee machine-on the VAMC base-

next to the VA Chapel-

I never got a single one! In over 3 years and he never even caught that-

I thought the SOC thing was a VCAA Notice- first one I ever saw was what Jangrin posted.

Boy am I glad I am with your vet rep now!!!!!

I see Pete in 2 weeks-

Tell Pete that we talk on here. Pete knows I kind of know a couple things about the VA process. You Berta on the other hand should have a Veterans counselors position you my lady have helped alot of Veterans.

The VCAA letters I received were not because of Pete They were sent to me from the VARO to me .Begining when I first refiled in march .I have took care of everything and every VCAA letter personaly.Pete is working on this to.I beleave Pete is real good but I feel better kowing I am doing what I can to, and I am now following his advise along with my desire to put an end two this VA B.S..I think I have seen your old SO. I now know I don't want him.

Macool

McCool,

I think that we all have to wait because that is the VA system. But I really think that if you have been getting the VCAA letters, it at least it means someone has looked at your file. And if you have recieved 4 of the VCAA letters, someone has looked four times. Some of the vets here don't even know for sure if their file has had a rater look at it (NO VCAA LETTER AT ALL )

Many vets here at hadit have been waiting a lot longer than we have(my husband and I ). My husband and I have only been waiting since Feb- 06. for his initial rating. So far no C&P exams have been scheduled. I think the VCAA letters are a positive sign. Hang in there don't get discouraged.

I am not one to give up it has been years ago they made the denied decision and I said then, that I would dig until I found my SMR's and I would then refile and get what is coming to me and my family.took years to find them or should I say, learn how to ask for them so I could get them. All veterans have to ask with specific dates times duty locations and injurys or sickness, seen for, then the National Personnel Records Center will send them .I had to be specific and ask for everything I could ask for so it was in a bunch of stuff so as the N.P.R.C. would send everything. And go over everything 10 times, make sure you fill out every page make copys of everypage you have ever seen .Go over it then recheck it all. work with your State counselor but work your claim yourself and have your state counselor work it to, and use his advise and contacts tell the counselor what you need and want. we are in a battle fight to win.

Macool

Edited by macool

Guest jangrin
I am not one to give up it has been years ago they made the denied decision and I said then, that I would dig until I found my SMR's and I would then refile and get what is coming to me and my family.took years to find them or should I say, learn how to ask for them so I could get them.A veterans has to ask with specific dates times duty locations and injurys or sickness, seen for, then the National Personnel Records Center will send them .I had to be specific and ask for everything I could ask for so it was in a bunch of stuff so as the N.P.R.C. would send everything. And go over everything 10 times, make sure you fill out every page make copys of everypage you have ever seen .Go over it then recheck it all. work with your State counselor but work your claim yourself and have your state counselor work it to, and use his advise and contacts tell the counselor what you need and want. we are in a battle fight to win.

Macool

Macool,

This records thing for us has been a real pain in the a--. We have tried to get my husbands SMRs since January. The NPRC said they are at the RO. So we have requested a copy of the cfile we'll see if his medical records are there. We have NO MEDICAL RECORDS , none, zero, nothing, not one sheet. It's like he was never seen by any medical personel. Now to be fair, I'm not sure he was ever in need of medical care from the army, no PH, but you would think that there would be something. And now we have not been able to even get his recent mental eval for depression from the VAMC where he is seen. We got the PAs notes and the prescription for psch drugs the PA prescribed, but not the doctors notes. This is really frustrating. Any suggestions?

Macool,

This records thing for us has been a real pain in the a--. We have tried to get my husbands SMRs since January. The NPRC said they are at the RO. So we have requested a copy of the cfile we'll see if his medical records are there. We have NO MEDICAL RECORDS , none, zero, nothing, not one sheet. It's like he was never seen by any medical personel. Now to be fair, I'm not sure he was ever in need of medical care from the army, no PH, but you would think that there would be something. And now we have not been able to even get his recent mental eval for depression from the VAMC where he is seen. We got the PAs notes and the prescription for psch drugs the PA prescribed, but not the doctors notes. This is really frustrating. Any suggestions?

I kind of ran into ythe same situation myself,the records at the RO . I got lucky and the Person at the N.P.R.C.called me and talked to me on the phone and gave me his personal Phone # there in St Louis .

You should have one person handling your records until your claim is done. Just maybe if you go to the website and Request some thing from them you could ask them to call you in the request you submit .If they did call you and you got there phone # it would give you one more angle of to keep an eye on things

My contact there knew everything about my file and let me know when it was due back in St louis N.P.R.C..

The records can only be signed out for certain times and have to be returned when done.and One person handles your records. That is how it was explained to me.by the N.P.R.C. Worker

When you ask for your Medical records ask for them with certain- Months and Years ,Where he was while serving and what he was seen for, ask for all of them they can find from the time he arrived till the time he Left that duty station.and put it with other requests so as the worker gets a good Idea of where your Records file is and I think you will get the SMR's. just don't leave anything out Ask for everything they have. There is a place to make written requests on the N.P.R.C. site just go through that site carefully you will see it inpatient or out patient services box then it gives you a chance to make a request in your own words just be specific .

Macool

Edited by macool

Guest jangrin
I kind of ran into ythe same situation myself,the records at the RO . I got lucky and the Person at the N.P.R.C.called me and talked to me on the phone and gave me his personal Phone # there in St Louis .

You should have one person handling your records until your claim is done. Just maybe if you go to the website and Request some thing from them you could ask them to call you in the request you submit .If they did call you and you got there phone # it would give you one more angle of to keep an eye on things

My contact there knew everything about my file and let me know when it was due back in St louis N.P.R.C..

The records can only be signed out for certain times and have to be returned when done.and One person handles your records. That is how it was explained to me.by the N.P.R.C. Worker

When you ask for your Medical records ask for them Months and Years ,Where he was while serving and what he was seen for, ask for all of them they can find from the time he arrived till the time he Left that duty station.and put it with other requests so as the worker gets a good Idea of where your Records file is and I think you will get the SMR's. just don't leave anything out Ask for everything they have. There is a place to make written requests on the N.P.R.C. site just go through that site carefully you will see it inpatient or out patient services box then it gives you a chance to make a request in your own words just be specific .

Macool

Thanks Macool,

We know those records are out there, we will try your advice.