VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ao Blue Waters And

Rate this question

Berta

Question

attorneys are starting to analyze this important decision-

see Watch-Dog Larry's post from Hugh Cox- attorney-and at the many other vet sites that have this BIG news-

This is odd- This decision is important to my Blue Water vets-

never thought it pertained to my personal claim- but I just read something in Haas that DOES---

my husband's exposure was confirmed- but there is something there in Haas V Nickolson that could bring Feres Doctrine to the forefront and challenged.

That day might never come- but it could ----

This is a staggering and long overdue AO decision and advocates are going to fight for this decision to hold and not be overturned.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Guest jangrin

"This is odd- This decision is important to my Blue Water vets-

never thought it pertained to my personal claim- but I just read something in Haas that DOES---

my husband's exposure was confirmed- but there is something there in Haas V Nickolson that could bring Feres Doctrine to the forefront and challenged."

Berta, could you please elaborate?

Haas was undiagnosed -while in service- for DMII. mil could have diagnosed DMII then.

Here he was a Blue Water sailor letting VA screw around for years with his claim-

and here -had he gotten proper diagnosis in service and filed a claim within a year SC back to his discharge date-after discharge for SC of the diabetes- he would have gotten EED back to day after he was discharged.

1976 ? I forget ---

The Mil has responsibility for poor inservice medical care- the Feres Doctrine basically says- so what

some lawyer might pick up on all this and challenge Feres again-

It has been challenged- and must continue to be challenged.

A vet with a GSW -in essense -suffers as much as a active duty serviceperson who incurs disability due to the Military's doctors.In a different way.