VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p In 2 Days ( I'm A Wreck ) Help Please

Rate this question

scott2120

Question

So I am new on here and I love this site. You all seem to be so help full and im sure you can me. What Comes after the C&P exam? Whats the form I see you guys posting and when will i get that? Can I ask them how it went and what they think my chances are? Whats the average time for you to get a yes or no on your claim? The stress is killing me and Im having a really hard time at work and home is there any help for that. So before I put this out there for your help It is a C&P for PTSD... Thanks so much for your help and for your service to are country.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You're going to do fine, Scott.

This isn't a big test you must study for or fail; just be honest and don't downplay the impact PTSD has on your life.

"In assigning you a percentage of disability, the VBA will consider how severe your PTSD symptoms are, how frequently they occur, the length of your remissions (periods of improvement), and how much your ability to work and function socially is impaired. For example, a veteran with mild or passing symptoms of PTSD that are well controlled with medication might receive a 10% disability rating"

http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/resources/disability/veterans-disability/make-ptsd-claim-va.htm

Hang tough! :smile:

So I am new on here and I love this site. You all seem to be so help full and im sure you can me.

What Comes after the C&P exam?

Waiting for a decision. If your C&P was done at a VAMC you can go there with an ID, to Release Of

Information and try to get a copy of your C&P exam.

Whats the form I see you guys posting and when will i get that?

There are many forms - I have no idea which one you might be referring to.

Can I ask them how it went and what they think my chances are?

See answer above regarding getting a copy of your C&P exam.

There is no one to ask how it went, etc...

Whats the average time for you to get a yes or no on your claim?

It varies, perhaps for your situation 1-6 months, perhaps longer.

The stress is killing me and Im having a really hard time at work and home is there any help for that.

You can contact your nearest Vet Center for eligibility, www.vetcenter.va.gov .

So before I put this out there for your help It is a C&P for PTSD...

What was the cause of your PTSD ?

carlie

I was able to view my C&P Exam in myHealthevet within days. Rare, it seems. And, as I just experienced, Rater has the final decision. Examiner said my migraines and sinusitis had not worsened BUT I WAS INCREASED TO THE MAX FOR BOTH YESTERDAY. YAY!

You have come to the best site in the world for ALL VETERANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• In Memoriam

This is the first time I have heard that the C&P will show up on Myhealthevet. This would be very nice.

Usually you have to go to the VAMC Records department, usually in the basement, and they will give you a FOIA paper to sign. They will give you your records requested after you sign the form.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Tomorrow is the big day and I cant sleep cant really work and im having the hardest time just keeping my shit together. Carlie thanks for the answers, the form I am talking about is the one they fill out that has your gaf and all the axis statements. As for what is my ptsd claim is I am sorry but I am not sure I am ready to talk about that on this form yet. Its not your normal war ptsd claim and I just dont think I could handle anyone judging me or telling me to ball up cause its not a real claim.