VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cue

Rate this topic

alan

Hello everyone, Alan here. I am interested in knowing what CUE is. I filed a claim in 2000 and it was denied. Later I supplied other evidence around November 2006. Need help in understanding CUE is and how to prove it.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jstacy

Alan, A cue is a clear and unmistakeable error. It is the hardest thing to prove since it is an attack on the regulations used by the VA to determine the outcome of a claim. The claim decision must be final.

If the claim was denied in 00 and you have submitted evidence that the VA did not have in 06, Then it wll be treated as New and Material evidence to reopen the claim.

For evidence to be used as CUE, It must have been in the record at the time of a decision and not properly adjudicated using the regulatins set forth in title 38 of the federal code of regulations. The error must be so erroneous that it would change the outcome of the claim.

I suggest you go to www.va.gov. search the BVA decisions and type in CUE. This will give you some additional background.

• HadIt.com Elder
Hello everyone, Alan here. I am interested in knowing what CUE is. I filed a claim in 2000 and it was denied. Later I supplied other evidence around November 2006. Need help in understanding CUE is and how to prove it.

Alan,

Being that your claim is close to mine. Were the records that you located military records that were in the archives and could have been secured by the R.O, but failed to secure these records for you?

You may ask the ones with the more expeience about grave procedural error or just procedural error.

Good Luck!

Josephine