VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My 2 1/2 Old Claim

Rate this question

waltbarb

Question

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It looks like they prepared a rating decision, but when it got time for it to be promulgated (the processing of the decision) there was something wrong and it went back to the rater, for correction in the rating or the decision narrative, or there was a development issue that was not caught prior to the decision.

Ususally, these are quick fixes and the file goes back to pending approval and the rating decision is completed; However, if the file needs more development then it could take some time. If it needs development, watch for a letter asking your or requesting or informing you that the VA needs something. If you don't get a letter in the next 2 weeks then I think it was a rating decision error that needs to be fixed.

Let us know if your eBenefits changes again. Then I might be able to tell you what is happenig by the messages being entered into the system.

Also, I forgot to mention. You stated your claim in over 2.5 years old. If your date of claim was filed in 2011 and because your date of claim is prior than 12/1/12, your file is being handled as a 730 day old Priority Claim. There is a Giant Cover sheet on the outside of your cliams folder, and your file is being hand carried from one person to the next and is being tracked by every coach in the building and by the Corporate Offices in D.C.. You will have some form of rating either conventional or provisional very soon.

If your claimdoes have a date of claim sometime in 2011, your claim is being worked as one of the highest priority, along with terminal and homeless veterans. I hope this information helps.

Edited by harleyman