VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success With Social Security...1 Down, 1 To Go!

Rate this topic

Shyne-I

• HadIt.com Elder

It should make an total or an IU award easier if the VA sees this decision.

It is also a good point of an effective date for IU.

J

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my Hearing Decision letter today!! Fully Favorable Decision going back to 10/2009. "The Claimant has the following severe impairments: Fibromyalgia, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, migraine headaches, osteoarthritis in the bilateral knees, hips, and wrists, degenerative disc disease in the lumbar spine, and major depressive disorder, bipolar II disorder with undifferentiated somatoform disorder and pain disorder due to multiple medical disorders and psychological factor." I my claim with the VA is for Fibromyalgia and Depressions secondary to Fibromyalgia and TDIU. I finally got an IMO from my Rheumatologist which states in short... that my Fibromyalgia and depression secondary to fibromyalgia as well as migraines secondary to fibromyalgia are at least as likely as not incurred during service. I was going to file a claim for migraines and patella femoral syndrome and knee pain after my current claim is adjudicated, but I am excited to finally have 1 win!! and with retro payments going back to 2010 I should be able to get caught up on my bills with the first installment and save some of the other two installments. All smiles and thankful to God for everything :smile::smile::smile::biggrin:

Congrats - what percentage did you wind up with - for now ?

Thanks everyone!!

Aggie54 it feels so good!!... It allows me to breathe a little while I continue to wait on a decision with my VA claim.

Meghp0405 and Berta, my Rheumatologist did use my SMRs and used dates of treatment in his explanations. The words he used for no other etiology were, that I had no other know risk factors that may have precipitated her current diagnosis. Carlie, I am only at 10% with the VA right now and that is for sinusitis; as far as the Social Security award my lawyer told me that my monthly benefit amount should be a minimum of $2,000 a month which means that I should get a pretty nice retro pmt. but it will probably be paid out in 3 installments every 6 months. Thanks again everyone!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use