VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success With Social Security...1 Down, 1 To Go!

Rate this topic

Shyne-I

Shyne-1, That's what they told me, that it would take between 30-60 days, but it didn't, it took 14days, and no it wasn't in installments. It was a check for $27000.00. I sure hope that happens to you.

Please let us know when you receive it. I have my fingers crossed for you. And as for you having a dependent under he age of 16 could mean your award will be higher than mine, cause it's only me and my wife.

Good luck.

Aggie.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you MO3, I hope that it will help as well.... I tried to get my lawyers to do an On the Record Review but they felt like because of my age, it may not have succeeded. I'm just thankful to God that it is over and it was a fully favorable decision. Good Luck to you. I'm praying that the VA will fall in line soon!!

Shyne-I

• HadIt.com Elder

SSI back payments get paid in installments, SSD is normally paid all at once and the lawyer gets the max payout so do not count on getting more checks than the first one look at the amount, do rough math 3 years at 2,000 close to 75,000 take out lawyer fees high 60,000 to you, if it is coming in payouts the check will come in about 15-19,000 to you so you should be able to tell quickly when you see the amount, but the award letter should spell it out for you.

Save some for rainy days, unless you hit the lottery you will not see a large check again, spend wisely congrats

Thanks Testvet,

A social security rep actually explained that very thing to me yesterday. She told me that I would receive a lump sum because it was SSD, but my lawyer is saying that it will only go back to 2011 because my last application was 4/2012. I'm going to wait to see what social security says. They should be able to see the archived application from 1/2010. I will update you all when I finally receive the letter from social security. I definitely plan on saving for rainy days!!

Thanks,

Shyne-I

Hello all,

Just wanted to give you an update, checked social security online for benefit letter last night and there it was!! One-time payment dated 9/6/13 for $32,902.00!! My lawyers fees of $6000.00 have already been subtracted. I was informed by my lawyer that the judge did consider the 1st application date but because I did not submit all of my treating physician's names and medical information the application was never processed, therefore the only way to have it considered is to go thru the appeal's council. I am find with the April 1, 2011 date and I can take my children's birth certificates in and get back pay for them as well which would be about an extra $20,000. I am so thankful to God that this part of the fight is officially over!!

As far as my VA case, I received an email from Pandi Van Houten, the Waco RO Service Center Manager on yesterday. She was wanting me to contact my AMVETS representative ASAP to clarify my intent regarding a NOD to grant service connection or to request a reconsideration based on new and material evidence. I haven't been able to contact a Rep, because I didn't choose one, they just assigned me to AMVETS based on my original claim in 1994!! Anyway, I check Ebenefits this morning and it shows that I have a claim Pending Decision Approval for an Administrative Review Claim and my reopened claim was closed today!! I'm praying that this is good news, God is so Good!!

Shyne-I

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use