VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dead In Iraq

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

On PBS they are listing the weekly dead of American soldiers and Marines in Iraq. It is really giving me the creeps. They are so young and so dead. What a waste. Bring back the draft so the guys from small town America dont have to spend another 5 years dying in Iraq. If middle and upper middle class kids had to go to the war it would be over in 6 weeks.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

On PBS they are listing the weekly dead of American soldiers and Marines in Iraq. It is really giving me the creeps. They are so young and so dead. What a waste. Bring back the draft so the guys from small town America dont have to spend another 5 years dying in Iraq. If middle and upper middle class kids had to go to the war it would be over in 6 weeks.

John, I second the Motion.......

Railroader

Guest jangrin

John999,

I love ya to pieces, and you are one of my favorite people here at hadit. BUT......I have a 17 year old senior in high school and he is my only son.... There is no way I want him drafted. If he elects to serve that is his decision and I will support him, but there is no way I will support the current administration or even a future administration in re-instating the draft. To have the same thing happen to our sons and daughters as what has happened to the vietnam veterans is CRAZY!!!!!! wE JUST NEED TO GET THE he** OUT OF Iraq, Afganistan, Bosnia, and Kosovo. Protect our boarders and figure out how to do without the oil.

Jangrin

PS- And I of course know you are being facetious.

Edited by jangrin

Guest jstacy

I love ya to pieces, and you are one of my favorite people here at hadit. BUT......I have a 17 year old senior in high school and he is my only son.

Jangrin, The only way your son is going to join the military is if he enlists. Being an only son, That should make him exempt from any draft. My parents had to sign a waiver when I enlisted.

• HadIt.com Elder

Truth is no one should be in Iraq but the people who were born there. I heard on news that they were calling back inactive Marines to send back to Iraq.

Yep, they are recalling more Marine Reserves, More Army Reserves, and inactive Marines. Also they announced due to the recuiting shortfall they are lowering the standards for enlistment to either 42 or 45 among other things. We Nam vets know the drill........it's the MEAT GRINDER all over again and they want to keep feeding it. They are running out of fresh meat. The whole bunch, Executive Branch and Legistlative Branch should be tarred, feathered, and ran out of the US on a rail......I mean every swinging one of them. Oh and we'll send the Haliburton bunch along with them!!!!!

Guest jangrin
I love ya to pieces, and you are one of my favorite people here at hadit. BUT......I have a 17 year old senior in high school and he is my only son.

Jangrin, The only way your son is going to join the military is if he enlists. Being an only son, That should make him exempt from any draft. My parents had to sign a waiver when I enlisted.

Jstacy,

Thanks for telling me that.Ihave enough to keep my worrying mind going with my husband. I will diffinately sleep better tonight. I was starting to have a panic attack.

but I'm much better now!!! :o

Jangrin