VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Appointment Next Tuesday....help With Prep Please.

Rate this question

mariorivera830

Question

Alright guys, my wife made me set an appointment for next tuesday to have another cyst removed from my arm (hopefully). And do what ever else I can do while I'm there. We have all day. She also wants me to start to re-work my medical records for support of my claims.

The last time I saw a Dr anywhere/anytime was in 2010 to have the second cyst removed from my arm. She plans on going with me to kind of, give her side of the story for what's going on with me. I think it's going to be overkill and I don't want anyone there (or anywhere) to think she's doing this for the money. Should I fight her on this? Or am I in the wrong. I know everything ultimately affects her too, but it's almost emasculating to have her fighting my battles for me.

Either way, aside from attaining copies of all medical records, which I will now do religiously, what are some of ya'lls little tricks or rituals? Thanks in advance ya'll!

-Mario

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You are lucky she cares!!! Just be sure to complain about all your conditions. Document that your symptoms, pains, upsets and all the difficulties you are having with your SC conditions. I am getting treatment at the VA to make sure the money keeps rolling in every month. Also, the drugs are cheap and I want second opinions. Some of the people at the VA think every vet is a scammer no matter what you do so why worry?

You're right, I am lucky! She's been with me from the get go. And never once made it out to be to her benefit.

About the SC thing... I have a hard time differentiating what is and isn't connected. Am I supposed to lay everything out for the doctor? Or just what i think is SC?

Thanks!

-Mario

@john999,

You know some of the best thieves are VA Employee's. Yes, many vets get labeld as "gamers" as one so called advocate would always say. It's sad someone being a "advocate" would have that view and by no means is it someone on hadit.com I do believe the bad people always outshine the good since there are many more but man you still need a fair chance and help. Like with sleep apnea bring it up to VSO and they are like "not another one", some have legit cases even after service.

Edited by yelloownumber5