VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question Of Switching Poa For A&a Claim

Rate this topic

My question here is, I have a claim in for A&A that was submitted through the PVA. So if I am unhappy with them for what ever reason and I decide to change my POA to D.A.V. or American Legion, ect. Will that change have any effect on my claim? The other question then, if that has no effect, is what is the best way to go about changing my POA for a claim? Thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't know about now but they used to not want to take over another VSO's POA/claim. To substitute or change POA's you must write the VA & the current POA and let them know you are rescinding their POA. Then you can sign on w/a new POA. Myself, I wouldn't use one nor do I see the need for them. But that's just my opinion.

pr

Thanks. Yes I usually like to do it myself to just that I am in a more difficult claim process with a higher level of A&A, thought maybe it would help if a VSO started it. Guess I will just let it play out and use everything I have learned here to complete my claim.

If you decide you want to change Service Organizations, just send in the VA Form 21-22, Designation of Representative, signed and dated. Make sure you fill out the 2012 version of the form and check the boxes in the middle of the form which allows the POA to update your address and have access to the computer systems. The newly dated form will automatically recind the previousy Service Organizations form, but it wouldn't hurt to attached a VA Form 21-4138, Veteran's Statement in Support of Claim. A simple statement indicating you have a new POA is sufficient.- Harleyman

Edited by harleyman