VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Aid & Attendence

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Greetings to all,

a couple of weeks ago I received a letter from my VARO informing me that I qualify for A&A. I needed a letter from my wife and from my primary VA doctor. I got my Dr.s letter the same day and faxed them both to the VARO. NOw they told me yesterday that my claim is now with attendence & DIC. What is attendence and DIC? the VARO rep didn't even know why my file was there.

I am currently 100% T&P +SMC (Level 18 what ever that means)

I have 5 dependents. How much is aid and attendence? and what should I expect from the VARO in this issue? I do thank you all and God bless.

Bound4Heaven

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Bound-

this is a good one- attendance and DIC?

Level 18? never heard that before either- it could be your dependency code?

I suggest-you contact your VARO via the VA Query system at their web site-ask for an email reply instead of a phone call-

We cannot even make a guess on the retro at this point.

For pay purposes the VA uses codes as numers to classify the various pays. (see M21-1 part 1 appendex B section Xii) The 18 code is "L 1/2". That means regular A&A plus another 50% because of (CFR 3.350 (p) (3), <thus the additional 1/2 level>. If that is your rating your pay would be $3,363 for veteran, spouse and one child. You would add $68 for each child under 16, and $215 for each school aged child over 18. If they are attending higher education then they are dropped from your compensation and awarded their own DEA Chapter 35 and ChampVA.

Edited by Rich T

Dear Rich,

Thank you for your response. When I received this letter from the VARO they informed me that I qualify for A & A. I called the VA today (again) she informed me that I currently do not receive A&A. I do not quite understand the VA. If i am rated at code 18. Then am I getting paid for A&A? Thank you Rich, and our God bless and keep you.

Bound4Heaven