VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

They Sure Like To F*** W/ Me!

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Phil

Who paid B&M? Since you don't have an award I guess you did not sign on for a 20% cut to them. I don't understand why they would not get you to sign a contract and stay with you until the end if they believe in your claim?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

John - they were paid by the EAJA, a total of $7996 and change, for about 43hrs work, over a period of 9 months. They told me that they felt they weren't needed anymore, as it was headed back to the AMC & BVA, but to contact them should I decide different. And yes, I did sign a contract.

So far it's cost the VA/EAJA about what they'd have paid me, if they awarded the claim. And some wonder why our Gov'ts in trouble! Just sayin'

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

John - they were paid by the EAJA, a total of $7996 and change, for about 43hrs work, over a period of 9 months. They told me that they felt they weren't needed anymore, as it was headed back to the AMC & BVA, but to contact them should I decide different. And yes, I did sign a contract.

So far it's cost the VA/EAJA about what they'd have paid me, if they awarded the claim. And some wonder why our Gov'ts in trouble! Just sayin'

pr

pr,

I thought there was a whole lot more riding on this than 8 K :-(

• HadIt.com Elder

pr,

I thought there was a whole lot more riding on this than 8 K :-(

Carlie - they would owe an SMC "s" award from 4/89, which I guesstimate would be around $50-$60k. The first time it went to the CAVC I think EAJA paid about $20k and the attys won a remand then. So maybe it's only cost them about half but it should have won from the get go. The evidence is there and that's just based on the 100% inferred "s" award issue. In 2010, I had ratings of 100+20+10+10+10+10, w/a 1.9 bilateral factor, which should have automatically awarded the "s" award, using simple addition, not the combined ratings table (CRT), which is illegal because it's punishing a veteran who's already 100% disabled and has a zero ability worth by saying he's whole again and using the CRT. jmo

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

Dang. You one fart smeller, PR. That's a high art form in the VA litigation scheme of things. Call B&M pronto. Sweet.