VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

As you say J go it in line:

Worked to allow disabled veterans the ability to travel on military flights. Congressman Forbes cosponsored H.R. 164, to allow veterans with service-related disabilities rated as “total” to utilize available space for travel on Department of Defense aircrafts at no cost to them. Space-A travel is a program which currently allows for active duty service members and certain others to fill empty seats on scheduled DoD flights. The bill will maintain this process, but expand it to include veterans who were permanently disabled while serving their country. Under existing law, there are a total of 4.2 million Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard and Retirees eligible for Space-A Travel on military aircraft.

This bill would extend this benefit to an additional 300,000 disabled veterans.

Just joined this informative forum and find it truly helpful for all of interest. Additionally, I am somewhat confused, as I've just read and reread Public Law No: 113-66. realizing that section 644 is not listed as previously stated in one of a members post. Everything looks somewhat promising but, as of today.. my wife and I had gone to our nearest base Nellis AFB to see if we are able to catch a Space A Flight to Travis... Sadly, the Airman looked at my Service connected ID Card privileges and told me we are not qualified to use Space A, But, said it's too bad 100% Veterans are able to use literally all services except Space A FLTS. and lodges within bases. With this being said. If any of you kind members know further as to what is what and whether I only confused myself and wife further? Thank you for fellow brothers and sisters for creating such a forum.

• HadIt.com Elder

The Law is being implemented in stages. It will be soon. Give it time to change and the fol;ks to transition to the new rules.

J

The Law is being implemented in stages. It will be soon. Give it time to change and the fol;ks to transition to the new rules.

J

Thank you J for such prompt reply. Would be terrific once we know when this bill gets put into action. Thereby, letting us start getting on wait list for Space A trips. :D