VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

This really doesn't surprise me. I would like to know who removed Section 644 from the bill. If anyone finds out, please post it.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Sir,

The FY 2013 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) allows Secretary of Defense authority to re-establish a space-available travel program; prescribe regulations; and provide transportation to "other categories of individuals as the Secretary considers appropriate".

Currently it is still under review with results due to Secretary of Defense for his consideration by late September. Once he makes the decision, if any changes are made, Department of Defense will publish those changes.

V/R,

Passenger Policy and Fleet Mgt Branch
HQ AMC Scott AFB, IL 62225
A4TP Org email: ORG.AMCA4-71@us.af.mil

AMC Travel website: http://www.amc.af.mil/amctravel/index.asp

As a former airline employee I'm used to space a travel. But how does it work in the military with no set schedule for most flights?

• 2 weeks later...

Well I think I figured this out after doing hours of research. From what I read about this bill being passed so that 100% DAV will be able to travel on Space A flight this is the story: Republican "Buck" McKeon from California introduced this bill in a huge FY 2013 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) that allows Secretary of Defense authority to re-establish a space-available travel program; prescribe regulations; and provide transportation to "other categories of individuals as the Secretary considers appropriate. On June 14, 2014 the bill had three amendments (changes) to it. This bill made it through the amendments and nothing was undone to the original bill as far as allowing the 100% DAV's to travel Space A. Because it takes 90 days to become law after the amendments were made that means we need to count 90 days from June 14, 2014 so that brings it to September 14, 2014. Today is September 13, 2014 so theorietically a 100% DAV should be able to go to their local base and sign up for Space A starting tomorrow. Hopefully I read everything correctly and it all works out. For years now I have been checking the status of this every so often because I feel it is such a discrimination against the disabled vets not to allow them to travel Space A. I also checked with an official from the government about this a several months ago and they said it would pass before the end of the year (probably in Aug-Sep) so it sounds like this is for real. Keeping my fingers crossed and praying to God.

• 3 weeks later...

I signed the petition but can't see where I would ever want to use military aircraft. Southwest allows "Disabled Individuals" and their spouses to pre-board and choose their own seats, other than EXIT Row. Other airlines have similar "Disabled Pre-boarding" policies. In my brief military career, can't remember ever having an enjoyable military flight, on anything.