VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Movement Preparation For Decision

Rate this question

SueEdel

Question

I checked e-benefits today and I went from the Gathering Dust phase to PREPARATION FOR DECISION. I was some comfortable complaining about the Gathering Dust phase that the movement to PREP is feeling almost scary.

Interesting that the VA just figured out that they forgot to include hypertension in my C&P last year and sent me a letter last week to report for another C&P this week to take my BP. Driving 2.5 hours to take a BP measurement is really absurd when I have a clinic 10 minutes from my house.

On Wednesday I checked e-benefits to see if anything had changed. At that point still gathering military dust.

Just needed to spout off and perhaps some emotional support. Been at this claim for about 20 months now.

It was finally farmed out from Cleveland to Fargo and has moved rather quickly since Fargo has been on it. They called to ask some questions about the unemployability. Figured out what was missing and holding up the claim.

Scout, a claim for depression can use an IMO from an outside doctor, good to hear you are having movement.  Even if you do get screwed you can always appeal.

Totally understand the stress. I gathered dust for one year , had 2 c and p in last 2 weeks , never had one before. They are moving to close as many claims as possible to make data look good at end of sept. My claim closed today . They will probably try to close your claim by Monday 12 mn as that is their cutoff. Good luck ,

This claim was rather complicated as it had a number of issues. One item was relating my fibromyalgia to symptoms that were documented while in service. I had 2 Nexus letters one from a VA doc and one civilian. Both used the correct language to make the connection. When my C&P exams were scheduled last year-one for back pain, one for anxiety issues neither exam mentioned the fibro or used the fibro tender points document. I was just called back in for the hypertension exam. Then my file moved to this new stage. If they did not schedule a C&P exam for fibro does that mean that the Nexus letters were enough to prove the connection? I realize it is all speculation until it is rated.