VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Movement Preparation For Decision

Rate this question

SueEdel

Question

I checked e-benefits today and I went from the Gathering Dust phase to PREPARATION FOR DECISION. I was some comfortable complaining about the Gathering Dust phase that the movement to PREP is feeling almost scary.

Interesting that the VA just figured out that they forgot to include hypertension in my C&P last year and sent me a letter last week to report for another C&P this week to take my BP. Driving 2.5 hours to take a BP measurement is really absurd when I have a clinic 10 minutes from my house.

On Wednesday I checked e-benefits to see if anything had changed. At that point still gathering military dust.

Just needed to spout off and perhaps some emotional support. Been at this claim for about 20 months now.

It was finally farmed out from Cleveland to Fargo and has moved rather quickly since Fargo has been on it. They called to ask some questions about the unemployability. Figured out what was missing and holding up the claim.

Well I originally filed 04/08 (within a year of getting out) my claim was denied because I didnt make c&p (the va didnt properly update my new address). I re-filed 10/24/12 for the same ailements and maybe 1 or 2 new ones. Once afain I missed the c&p (the va still had the wrong address). I finally had my c&p 07/19/2013. I skipped straight from gathering dust to prep for decision on 08/07/2013. As I said before, Detroit RO is 68 days behind on the rating phase, 11 months average for a complete claim. My ecd is 10/14/2013 to 02/17/2014 (which is exactley 68 days from the day it went to rating phase).

I'm claiming;

Tendonitis right wrist (dominant hand)

Tendonitis right & left ankle

PFP both knees

Migraines

Hemmoroids

Residuals of breast reduction (no feeling)

Residuals of c-section (muscle spasms)

Questions

1. Has anyone been through this before?

2. If so, how far back would they go?

3. Are the dates about right?

4. Any suggestions?

Claim closed today at 80% combined. Was 60% combined. Not really able to get more info as my VSO can't get into any more data that I can at ebenefits due to shut down. Will know more when letter arrives.

It appears both of you ( DoubleD and SueEdel) have completed rating decisions.

The next step is the promulgation of the decision, with the VSRs preparing a decision letter and then the final stage called authorization. This ususally goes very fast unless there was a mistake in the decision, and it has to be return to the rating board.

More often than not, everything is fine and the process from promulgation to authorization can happen in one day or it can take about 10 days, depending on how busy the VSRs and certified VSRs are, at the time the decision comes from th RVSRs to the VSRs desk. Barring any mistakes I think you will have an answer very soon.- Harleyman

What is the letter of preparation according to the VSR what will it say, what is the recommendation to the rating board do the VSR set the % of the claim? how does this phase work?

My claim (depression and planters F) was stuck in review of evidence for 6 months. I finally called my PLA and found out they were waiting for some form (they never sent it to me) stating I had no further evidence. The PLA guy waived it over the phone. Two weeks later I checked ebenefits and it had me for prep for desicion. I've been there for about a week now. Hopefully things go well. I had no private doctor. All my evidence is VA doctors. Hopefully it automatically uploads to the claim since I never submitted shit. I have a feeling I'm going to get screwed. Uh! We will see...