• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
jbasser

Va Induced Anxiety Disorder

Question

I often wonder if the perils of dealing with the claims process and the VA has ever been given a name. I think it should be called VA Induced Anxiety Disorder. or VAIAD.

I bet there is some validity to this term. What does the membership think?

Jbasser.

Hi Josephine!! I have been wondering about you and hoping you were doing okay. It is SO good to see you! (BIG BIG Hug!)

Hi Free,

I am doing fine. After the VA got through with me, don't have too much sense left. More Anxiety than I ever had. I read your post, but lost as how to helo you as you did me.

Keep at it. You are young and your are strong. You guys kept me going and so sorry, I can't do the pay back.

Always,

Betty

I am sure that if it was studied, the evidence would show a comprehensive harm to the mental health of veterans. I wonder if this could be crowd- sourced and funded. I am pretty sure the Government won't fund the study nor any of the service organizations. If we proved the current structure and standing operating proceedures were harmful, would that be enough to cause change????

If you don't have PTSD prior to filing your claim ,in my opinion you sure might get it during the long claims process.

It is enough to make anyone get a MH issue or compound one they already have

I think I have VA induced PTSD as well as PMS.

(PMS Pissing and Moaning syndrome)...I never griped or cursed so much in my whole life until I became a VA claimant.

When the VA buggered my USAF daughter's first VA contact with an erroneous award for her Chapter 35 Certificate ,she called me up and cursed so much I thought she had re- upped into the Marine Corps.

She couldn't believe how dumb the award letter was. It was from an oxymoron, aka , the VA Educational Department.

I just said Honey ,now that you are a veteran, ............welcome to my world. We got the award letter fixed.

Josephine Betty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I

I am so glad to see you here again.

The VA put you through absolute HELL.

And you WON and that fixed the VA's ass but good.

I have missed you!

The disorder name should include "never ending red tape"