VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Induced Anxiety Disorder

Rate this question

jbasser

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I often wonder if the perils of dealing with the claims process and the VA has ever been given a name. I think it should be called VA Induced Anxiety Disorder. or VAIAD.

I bet there is some validity to this term. What does the membership think?

Jbasser.

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I would say if anyone ever feels like giving up -- they should go review Betty's claim. If anyone ever deserved an award for tenacity - it is Betty. She would NOT NOT NOT give up. She just kept on fighting when ALL odds were totally against her. She had to deal with the military destroying her records, the VA changing her diagnoses (When the C&P examiner correctly diagnosed her with anxiety disorder, they sent her to other doctors that would diagnose her with a personality disorder without so much as doing a psychological test), etc.etc. etc. When I first joined Hadit, Betty was in EVERY thread trying to get help in figuring out her claim. I think most of us thought she didn't have a chance. But she would NOT give up - She just kept fighting anyway. I think some of us finally started trying to help her, not because we thought she would win, but because she would not shut up, she would not be ignored, and she would not stop fighting for her right to veteran benefits. I kept thinking "OMG! Who IS this woman???" But once we really started listening to her story, we realized "Wow! Maybe she DOES have a claim." But she was still up against some horrifying odds in winning it. But she just kept fighting. She got a hold of an old military doctor who happened to keep a copy of her medical records (because he knew they were going to try to railroad her). She got an IMO that showed in no uncertain terms the VA examiners had misdiagnosed her with a personality disorder. In ALL her years of treatment the ONLY diagnose of PD was from those two doctors who didn't even do ONE test. So with her IMO and her newly discovered SMRs in hand - she was awarded retroactive benefits WAY back to when she first applied.

Her strength and tenacity were amazing! And she will always be one of my favorite people here at Hadit. Betty not only fought hard for her claim - she was always so supportive of everyone else fighting for theirs. After a long absence from Hadit -- the FIRST thing I did when I logged back in was looked for Betty. She is that special.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Free,

I shall admit and plead guilty to all you said. I would not shut up. I was the biggest nuisance on Hadit.

You must admit, I did get attention.

It was called help me or kick me off the site.

Help did pour in from all directions and I still see myself headed to Washington, D.C to the Forsenic Psychiatrist for my final trial.

The trial of my life.

I remember at the top of the mountain, saying a prayer for each and everyone of you.

As I have said the names went on and on.

The long battle was finally over for me.

I know that I first filed in 1978, but cannot locate the records and left it at 1992.

I will answer John's question.

I allowed them to cheat me out of about $300,000.

Can I prove it. You better beleive I can, but I won't.

They gave me half and they took half.

Thanks to all.

Betty

"I shall admit and plead guilty to all you said. I would not shut up. I was the biggest nuisance on Hadit."

Okay! We will give you the most tenacious and biggest nuisance award! ;)

(((Big Hug)))

Oh.. I remember the trip you took to Washington and how scary that was for you. I think you were stressing about having to cross a bridge. But all your fighting made you brave enough to cross that bridge if you had to.