VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nsc Pension Tips?

john999

• HadIt.com Elder

I am helping friend get NSC pension. I know little about NSC pensions and that system. I do have downloaded claim forms for HB and the actual NSC pension. My friend is Vietnam Era vet who is on SSDI for Parkinson's. He is married and him and his wife are flat broke with just very small SSD pension. Are there any tips for me from those who have experience with NSC pensions? What kind of documentation does he need? He has nothing but an old car and cloths on his back. He can't drive. He wife is his caretaker.

John

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

John, if he's 65yo or older he doesn't really need any proof for pension, except maybe his DD-214. At 65yo all war era vets are considered NSC disabled. Married pays roughly $16k annually, with housebound it's just under $19K annually and with A&A it's roughly $24k, less whatever they receive from SS. He should get his meds for free and free medical care. For HB and A&A he'll need forms filled out by his doctor, for the VA.

Thanks for helping another vet!!!

pr

(f) Vietnam era. The period beginning on February 28, 1961, and ending on May 7, 1975, inclusive, in the case of a veteran who served in the Republic of Vietnam during that period. The period beginning on August 5, 1964, and ending on May 7, 1975, inclusive, in all other cases.

(Authority: 38 U.S.C. 101(29))

The veteran must have had boots on the ground before August 5 1964 to get pension for wartime. After August 5 1964 he could be anywhere. Also if he his getting ssd that pretty much takes care if the age 65 because social security already determined disability. PR is one the mark on income.

I am helping friend get NSC pension. I know little about NSC pensions and that system. I do have downloaded claim forms for HB and the actual NSC pension. My friend is Vietnam Era vet who is on SSDI for Parkinson's. He is married and him and his wife are flat broke with just very small SSD pension. Are there any tips for me from those who have experience with NSC pensions? What kind of documentation does he need? He has nothing but an old car and cloths on his back. He can't drive. He wife is his caretaker.

John

John,

Any herbicide connection during active duty ?

Parkinsons is a presumptive SC.