VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pending Decision Approval

Rate this question

SueEdel

Question

Sure is difficult to maintain an even keel in these waters while the government is shut down...

Spent months in Gathering Dust Phase. Moved to this spot on a few days back.

Any idea how long it "normally" takes in this phase? (I know nothing is really normal at the VA).

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Took them a decade to give me my 100% and then it only retrod to 2011. Withheld my retro until I prove I can handle my finances, which I just did 2 days ago. I hope they can get back to me before the whole shithouse really goes up in flames. (shutdown into November) I did get my first check last day of August.

Edited by jesterforever

I heard they were getting a lot done as management is furloughed and they can finally get stuff cranked out w/o being interrupted by BS from the bosses.

That's probably a very good thing in my case. Thanks for the ray of light SueEdel.

I spoke with a Texas Veteran's Service Officer who works in the Waco RO this morning. She told me that Waco was not doing any work. They have furloughed quite a few people down there and that the have stopped working appeals and possibly claims. I have a personal friend who works there as well. I talked to him on Monday night and he told me that his department was being furloughed on Tuesday. His department would be allowed to go in Tuesday morning to clear out whatever they needed and that they would not be allowed in the building after 10am Tuesday morning. He works in the department where the make all copies of documents, so say if you were waiting on your C-file....you will have to wait until after the furlough is over to receive any documents. Any letters that need to be sent out, would not be sent out. The bottom line, he said was, that there maybe a few people that would not be furloughed to continue processing claims but there would be no one there who works on the claim process down the line. So there would be no rating, no approvals, no letters going out, etc....It sounds like the Waco RO has already ran out of money and are severely impacted by the Shutdown!! They are already slow as Molasses so this is not good for those like myself, who have appeals and claims pending at the Waco RO!! Hate to be the bearer of bad news.

Shyne-I